Forum sponsored by CML

What Happens Next

A talk on dealing with accidents and medical emergencies at the flying field

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ron Gray13/02/2018 13:33:08
2154 forum posts
937 photos

@David - I think you have hit the nail on the head and it hurts so I'll sit down and wait for help to arrive! Joking aside, the club I fly with has a rule that we must, at all time, on any of our 3 flying sites, have a spotter in attendance. The spotter doesn't have to be a fellow flier so could be the wife (!!!). So from my point of view, most of my flying takes place with others in attendance and this proved vital last year when one of the guys chopped a finger off putting it through the arc of a prop. The other fliers present were able to call for help (but took a while for the location to be understood by the emergency team, which is where Echo112 would have helped) and more to the point were able to stop said fingerless flier from driving himself to the hospital! I do also fly alone but this is carried out in a field adjacent to my cottage and I only fly leccy powered models there.

Regarding the point that you raised in your post TWS:

1. Mobile phone: push buttons not touchscreen is a handy comment. - most of my fellow fliers have touchscreens not buttons but most also have voice activated although not all know how to use it!
  2. Know where you are (GPS coordinates). Great if you remember or can find the sheet of paper with them. Far better to use Echo112 or similar.
  3. Stay calm. Great until shock sets in.
  4. Have large bandages, and cable ties and tape with which to use them. You have to know what to do with them otherwise you can do more harm than good, which is why the OP is a great idea to get expert guidance for all club members.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!