Old Keil Kraft kits

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Stephen Jones19/08/2008 22:35:00
2762 forum posts
1598 photos
http://www.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/30327/Old_Kits.jpg

Hi,

I have two old Keil Kraft kits which i`m not shure wot i should do with as i am not shure if they are worth any thing due to there age .

Should i just build them with my son for him to play with ?

Should try and photo copy them so that i can leave the kits complete but still build them and how would i go about this as i have already copyed the me 109 but when print them out i can not get them the right size .

Or just flog Um on Ebay .

Here is a picture of the Gyron and ME 109 any help would be of help .

Bruce Richards20/08/2008 08:29:00
1849 forum posts
KK kits do go for good money on Ebay if you decide to sell. Good idea to copy them then you can build them and sell them.
Eric Bray20/08/2008 12:52:00
6600 forum posts
2 photos

The Gyron will probably go for £70 plus to a collector! A Super Sixty went for over £200 recently! A S60 plan went for £50!

I think the ME109 is a rubber power model? So less demand for those, except from a collector. Maybe £50.

Steve Hargreaves - Moderator20/08/2008 13:58:00
6730 forum posts
191 photos
Stephen you can get plans copied at your local ProntaPrint.....I always work off a copy to save the original from damage.......cost is only a few quid......
Big Bandit20/08/2008 17:15:00
2436 forum posts
947 photos

Stephen,

Don't forget to copy the balsa for templates as well, these kits are going on Ebay for silly money if original and complete, including the rubber powered ones.

Cheers,

Chris.

Stephen Jones20/08/2008 19:05:00
2762 forum posts
1598 photos

Chers lads ,

looks like i`ll be copying then selling didn`t think they would go for much although i had an idea they might be Worth something 

Dennis McGuire23/10/2013 00:38:36
1 forum posts
Hello,
New to this forum
I am looking for two Keil Kraft canopies for the Hawker Hurricane plastic U-Control flying model.
Any help would be grateful or refer to anyone who would have such an old parts.
Colin Leighfield23/10/2013 07:00:17
5975 forum posts
2498 photos

The Gyron is definitely worth building, it's a Dave Platt design. I did one about 1967 with a Cox Golden Bee and Ripmax Pathfinder single channel radio. It's a simple build, in fact I got hold of the plan again recently. One came up on Ebay a few weeks ago as an untouched kit and I think it sold for silly money. I've got enough info to build one and it wouldn't cost a lot to do it.

Stephen Jones23/10/2013 17:32:27
2762 forum posts
1598 photos

That was 2008 .

And i still have them ,

May be i do have somthing for the Bury Metro Model Auction .

I forgot about them .

Peter Miller23/10/2013 18:23:35
10491 forum posts
1246 photos
10 articles

From experience, local auctions sell for less than EBay.

The Me 109 is a later version with a coloured label so not quite as desirable as the original B&W boxes but still very saleable.

A club member went to a local Toy Auction and bought a load of very valuable kits for peanuts and promptly sold two of them for the cost of the lot.

One was Mercury Crusader . I have seen a Crusader sell for well over£200 on Ebay.

Stephen Jones15/01/2020 18:28:12
2762 forum posts
1598 photos

Hi there,

I have decided what to do with the Gyron kit.

Due to the box being opened by it`s previous owner and myself it is not a pristine vintage kit .

And as their are no full size plans for the kit. I have decided to do a Unboxing video of the Gyron.

So all can see what was in the Kit.

What i intend to do is show what is in the box while taking notes of the dimensions of the wood along with their thickness along with all relative information that is printed on them that would be needed to re make the Gyron .

So a plan of sorts will be produced so anyone could build the Gyron again from scratch in new wood.

I was surprised just how heavy the box is and how much wood is in the box.

Steve.

Don Fry15/01/2020 18:58:26
4385 forum posts
52 photos

From memory, the wood in these old kits was not great. A photo copy of the printed sheets, stuck on some good modern balsa, will help to make a better flier, and easier build. And leave the originals alone.

As a boy, my local model shop owner related that the Keli Craft buyer missed a boat or whatever, and the Solarbro buyer (spelling?) didn't, and got the contract for good wood. That's what he said.

brokenenglish15/01/2020 19:06:09
488 forum posts
30 photos

I've been collecting KK kits for decades!

As Peter mentions, the Me109 kit is relatively recent production and not by the original company, so it isn't worth much.
However, the Gyron kit is rare and would certainly fetch a good price on eBay, if it's complete and in good condition.

GONZO15/01/2020 19:44:40
1352 forum posts
14 photos

Steven Jones, a tracing of the larger parts(fuselage, wings, etc) and photo copies of the smaller parts put together and submitted to Outerzone would be welcomed by all of us. The guy who runs the site can do quite a lot with the info/plans/drawings he receives. I myself have submitted various plans and books. Its good to get all we can saved and made available to all before it gets lost in the mists of time. If you contact him by email he'll advise what is required contact

Stephen Jones15/01/2020 20:48:54
2762 forum posts
1598 photos

Thank`s for the reply Gents.

The kit is complete with only one small part missing which is duplicated on an other sheet.

I do not intend to build from the kit.

Just document the contents measure and make a plan of parts.

The printed parts i should be able to reproduce by measuring the lines and positions.

However the die cut parts can hardly be seen , Only by flexing the wood reveals where the cuts are.

So no photo copying will work there . I may have to remove them in order to reproduce them.

Steve

Stephen Jones20/01/2020 22:59:13
2762 forum posts
1598 photos

Hi,

Here is a video of the Kit,

When will anyone one again,

Steve.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CADMA
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us