Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

FrSky & Helicopters

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
WayneB02/03/2018 18:52:29
8 forum posts

Hello All,

Are there many people out there using FrSky Teranis or X10 on Helicopters ?

Maybe a silly question but was thinking of trying one of the above out

Thanks Wayne.

Andy4802/03/2018 20:18:45
1333 forum posts
1 photos

Using OpenTX both transmitters are very capable with helis.

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator02/03/2018 21:55:42
15202 forum posts
1407 photos

I'm just building (assembling?) a heli now - see here - and intend to use my Taranis and OpenTx.

You might want to look at this section here on the OpenTx University page as well for general guidance on OpenTx and helis.

BEB

Allan Bennett04/03/2018 07:21:43
1304 forum posts
31 photos

I have flybarred and fbl helis (TRex 500 and 550) running with Taranis and OpenTX. Fbl were easy to set up because all the clever programming is in the fbl controller (BeastX in my case); flybarred was a bit more involved, but not a big problem.

If you've already got a Taranis, I would say go for it. I use X4R receivers in my fbl helis and, I think, an X8R in the flybarred (away from home for a couple of days, so can't check).

Peter Christy04/03/2018 09:14:40
934 forum posts

I'm using an X9D on a vintage Schluter Heliboy (collective), and also on an even older Schluter Cobra (fixed pitch).

On the collective models, it pays to be careful where you apply the throttle curves! On my first attempt, I applied them where my (years out-of-date) programming experience told me they *should* be applied, and ended up with a very hot start on one occasion!

**LINK**

This describes the potential issue and how to avoid it. I'm still using OpenTx-2.1.9 and its possible the issue may have been addressed in 2.2.X. If you read down the linked thread, you'll see that MikeB (who also posts on here) had a proposed fix for the Ersky9x version, and it may have trickled through to 2.2.

That is the only "Gotcha" I've come across. Everything else is quite straightforward, and much more flexible than any other system I've come across.

Hope this helps!

--

Pete

Tim Goodwin04/03/2018 17:13:55
1 forum posts

I've recently started using FrSky and so far converted my Mini Titan. Seems to fly fine. I'm using OpenTx 2.2. I've also got a couple of vintage Morley F1's that I plan to get flying with FrSky as well. Once I'm happy with these the plan is to move more models over...

WayneB08/03/2018 21:25:41
8 forum posts

Many thanks for all the info guy's

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Airtek Hobbies
electricwingman 2017
Overlander
Slec
CML
Gliders Distribution
Expo Tools 14 July
Wings & Wheels 2018
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues