Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

David Vaughan

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Harris08/03/2018 14:03:34
1913 forum posts
1735 photos

It is with great sadness I have to report fellow club mate, friend and scale modeller David Vaughan passed away after a short illness on the 28th February. He was ,without doubt the best scale modeller I have seen and one of the nicest people I have ever met who will be missed. RIP David.

Dwain Dibley.08/03/2018 15:03:13
921 forum posts
917 photos

That is a real shame Richard,

I spent some wonderful days flying, chatting and learning with David, and that is an Iconic Photograph of the Man with his Tiger shark. (version/rebuild 2.5)

I asked him many times if he would sell it, and always received the same reply " I can't sell one of my Babies"

I will miss him.

D.D.

Martian08/03/2018 18:32:52
1815 forum posts
857 photos

A sad sad loss RIP David

Percy Verance08/03/2018 20:36:07
6481 forum posts
110 photos

A sad loss indeed. And a former National Champion..........

Remembered for his superb Mustang and Comper Streak models, although he made many others too.......

Edited By Percy Verance on 08/03/2018 20:37:29

Old Geezer08/03/2018 20:52:21
502 forum posts

David Vaughan was a lovely chap and a real gentleman, in every sense of the word, and it's been a privelige to have known him.

reg shaw08/03/2018 22:15:04
601 forum posts
539 photos

One of the most inspiration scale modellers ever. Memories of his models and the published plans will live on forever. Many thanks David. RIP to a truly great man and modeller.

Ian.

fly-navy09/03/2018 00:46:52
370 forum posts
11 photos

Sad to hear this. Was hoping to meet him one day to show him the restoration of his 1/4 scale SE5A which I have tried to bring back to it's former glory with my limited ability, tis nothing like the past master did but I have tried. He only lived down the road and it is one big regret I never made it. RIP sir,I can see why you were so admired as a builder and designer..

Nightflyer09/03/2018 12:41:31
106 forum posts

I am sorry to hear his news Richard. I have only met him a couple of times (when I was still in my late teens the first time) when he took the time to explain to me some of his detailing and finishing techniques he used on his Mustang. As a young and still comparatively new modeller it was a privilege that he took time to explain these things to me. It also encouraged me to do more detailing on any scale or even semi-scale warbird. He was a much admired designer, builder and flyer RIP David.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Wings & Wheels 2018
electricwingman 2017
Expo Tools 14 July
Airtek Hobbies
Gliders Distribution
Overlander
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues