Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

RN Hawker Sea Hurricane IIc

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Phil Cooke05/07/2018 17:30:43
2081 forum posts
1433 photos

Good to get back onto the wing build after a break for travel to the Lleyn and the associated time needed both before and after any PSSA event! There's not many weeks left until our Mass Build event and I'm conscious there's still an awful lot of finishing jobs to tackle!

The wing T/E's are all now complete, ailerons are cut to size, shaped and hinged - I sanded in the small degree of washout needed as opposed to twisting it in with ammonia - works ok.

aileron hinge 1.jpg

I've used some little knuckle type hinges on the ailerons to allow for an offset hinge line and a fully rounded L/E to the flying surface.

aileron hinge 2.jpg

The wing now needs a really good sanding session, wing tips, L/E, T/E stock still all to be shaped and smoothed. If I get a good run at it I might actually be able to get some glass on the wing at the weekend!?

Trevor05/07/2018 18:29:18
272 forum posts
33 photos

Very nice job on the aileron hinges Phil. Mine will be simply top hinged with the covering and/or tape, in order to minimise the protrusion of the horns.

Trevor

Phil Cooke11/07/2018 23:13:19
2081 forum posts
1433 photos

I've fitted the cockpit floor at a 'nose down' angle such that the pilot, positioned almost centrally front to back has the required clearance beneath the cockpit glazing whilst still enabling about 35mm of dashboard to be achieved at the front - giving enough area for a worthwhile set of controls to be added.

cockpit floor.jpg

The wing has had a basic sanding on L/E and T/E allowing it to be fitted to the fuselage for the camera.

Everything is basically ready for final sanding now, prior to glass. I intend to finish and glass the wing before making the wing fillets for best fit. Cannons, Radio Antenna, fitting of exhaust stubs - not too much more 'building' to do... just finishing.

sanding ready.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
CML
Expo Tools 14 July
Airtek Hobbies
Overlander
Slec
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2018
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues