Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Ali Express

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
trebor09/03/2018 17:05:00
1905 forum posts
214 photos

Has anyone made purchases through this site ? Did it go well ? Ive used Bangood a few times ok but they haven't got what I want sad

rcaddict09/03/2018 17:08:37
506 forum posts
14 photos

used a few times no probs - but they charge for using paypal and not always free shipping

trebor09/03/2018 17:17:08
1905 forum posts
214 photos

Thanks for that, will look into it deeper before I push any buttons.

Ben B09/03/2018 17:50:12
1399 forum posts
4 photos
I tried but they wrote back saying they needed copies of my passport and bank statement. Might be okay but I didn't complete the order.... I use Banggood a fair bit though without problem.
John Privett09/03/2018 19:28:46
5944 forum posts
236 photos

Ben - what were you trying to buy? It sounds as if they were trying to set up a credit (or trade?) account for you.

I'm sure I wouldn't be happy sending copies of my passport and bank statements to a company in China either!

trebor09/03/2018 19:31:43
1905 forum posts
214 photos

I think I will give "Ali" a miss yes I can get it from Bangood but I will have to wait longer.

rcaddict09/03/2018 20:17:50
506 forum posts
14 photos

ben - i just recently stated using them and did not have to do anything like that

MaL09/03/2018 22:22:11
140 forum posts
13 photos

I have been using ali express for some time now instead of ebay and to some extent banggood. Ebay shipping for items from China take too long and there was usually no option other than free economic shipping - which took around 30 to 40 days in my experience. A quite recent change has some Chinese ebay sellers giving the option for faster shipping at a price but I have not tried it so cannot comment on the quoted up to 30 days delivery times. Banggood does better with their shipping - even their free shipping BUT their prices are higher normally. Ali express offer you a choice of shipping services, their free service normally arrive between 18 - 25 days and their aliexpress standard service (small charge) normally takes 12 - 20 days.

Never had an order go missing and I pay in dollors with my UK credit card. Never had to test their customer service so cannot comment on that either... The secondary security asking for copies of passports or credit cards is not limited to Ali Express and only happens occasionally to new customers.

Has the Chinese new year finished now? If not your order may be delayed.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Addlestone Models
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us