Forum sponsored by CML

MULTIPLEX SX12 UPGRADE

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Steve Perry 123/03/2018 22:15:08
9 forum posts

HI THERE.

did anyone see the article in the April Edition RCME about the Transmitter upgrade?

Good Deal or April Fool Prank?

Cheers

Steve

Former Member23/03/2018 23:21:27

[This posting has been removed]

Capt Kremen23/03/2018 23:38:17
251 forum posts
63 photos

Fast and efficient turnaround too.

My MPX set took a week there and back, (Germany), full upgrade to SX12, new software and go faster sticker applied.

Test flown with it, perfect, no complaints.

Wish all suppliers were as efficient.

Percy Verance24/03/2018 06:48:22
7583 forum posts
145 photos

It's certainly no April Fool's joke Steve.

Multiplex do offer upgrades such as this from time to time. A previous upgrade about 10 years ago for the 35mhz Royal Evo, offered the capaibility to acquire more channels - as this current upgrade does - plus the ability to use the (then newly introducd) MPCM receivers. From memory, I was also sent a free Multiplex servo for my set being out of action for a week or so.

The present Cockpit SX upgrade does look like good value. I don't need the extra channels on mine, but wouldn't mind some of the additional flexibility offered by the 12's software.

And yes, their servicing is certainly prompt. Not had to return anything to Germany, but Mike Ridley, their service agent here in the UK is certainly on the ball too when I've needed service, which thankfully hasn't been too often in the 30 years I've used their gear.

Nope, no joke. Good gear, excellent service when needed. yes

Edited By Percy Verance on 24/03/2018 06:57:35

Frank Skilbeck24/03/2018 08:17:38
4312 forum posts
101 photos

V1.31 software which brings the Sx7 and 9 upto Sx12 specs (less the additional channels and switches) is available now if you want to do the update without the extra channels and switches. You can then use the gyro in these Txs too.

Steve Perry 124/03/2018 09:33:07
9 forum posts

Well I am Gobsmacked !! Does any one here know the procedure? Do you have to get a Return number from Multiplex ETC.

Thanks again for all the helpful replies. I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Steve.

Frank Skilbeck24/03/2018 17:18:03
4312 forum posts
101 photos

Steve, it was in the Multiplex January Newsletter and detailed here it tells you the price but doesn't mention how you pay though!

Capt Kremen24/03/2018 22:07:48
251 forum posts
63 photos

A couple of points to answer:

I contacted the excellent Mike Riddley who in turn contacted MPX re the upgrade. He is unable in this instance to perform the upgrade, the set has to be returned to MPX in Germany.

Payment for the upgrade - MPX send numerous email with their invoice attached. As is often the case in my experience with Germany, they request you transfer monies via IBAN banking system which is super easy if you bank online.

Andy Palmer24/03/2018 22:09:47
253 forum posts
107 photos

Just done the free software update on my SX9, all works well. Will need to read the manual to understand some of the extra functions fully but most of it is straightforward.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2018
Revoc
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us