Forum sponsored by CML

curtis F9C sparrowhawk

built from mikes flying scale models plan

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
thunderstreak.keith26/03/2018 15:42:17
278 forum posts
118 photos

must change the wheels to gws l/wdecals were printedretrieved from top shelfnearly there

thunderstreak.keith26/03/2018 15:49:35
278 forum posts
118 photos

This was started in 2014 I think.for some reason it was shelved but last week resurected.I must get in touch with mike for some fotos of his for the rigging wires. Looked on line but cant seem to find any decent ones.Total weight with rubber is 57gm but it could be less. those wheels came from airfix lanc bomber. i have some l/w foam ones from gws but the wheel spats inners will have to be enlarged very slightly. I dont think I am even going to bother flying it, dont want to damage it now. The balance (finger tip method under c/g top wing) is about right.All good things are worth waiting for I say. This was 1 hell of a build, all fotos available in my albums if interested

J D 826/03/2018 17:44:30
1000 forum posts
59 photos

At that size I would say flying over long grass would have very little risk.

Lovely looking model.yes If I remember right was the full size launched from under an airship?

thunderstreak.keith26/03/2018 18:53:41
278 forum posts
118 photos

thanks jd,all those ribs probably why i left it for so long. They were launched and landed back on airships, uss macon being one, the planes markings were each different for each airship. The history of them is fascinating, i keep googling it and find something different everytime i look. I am really glad mike put this plan of his out on his website. I only did it as a challenge. will it fly? i dont know, need to finish it first and get some fotos.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Overlander
Slec
Airtek Hobbies
Wings & Wheels 2018
electricwingman 2017
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
Motion RC
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us