Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Peacemaker

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Martin McIntosh14/05/2018 08:48:23
2421 forum posts
935 photos

Geoff, the ailerons on mine are the same size as on the plan but in a more conventional position, therefore probably more effective, so increasing the movement should work on yours. Mine was rather lively so I chopped down the throw quite a bit. Could measure it if you wish.

Yours sounds to be somewhat over powered.

Geoff Parkes15/05/2018 07:26:23
50 forum posts

thanks for that info. Martin, dont bother measuring the aileron movement, I will try my mods. first, but repairing a fellow members Red Zepher at the moment, so will be the weekend before I try to fly the peacemaker again, Regards.

Geoff Parkes18/05/2018 17:00:21
50 forum posts

Martin, good news and not so good news, I made the mods as discussed, also used an old 3 s battery, this brought the watts / amps right down(approx.200 watts/45 amps,c/g forward say 15 mm. elevator movement reduced and aileron movement increased, on hand launch the plane flew away needing only a fair ammount of down trim, maybe move the battery forward once more, I began to enjoy flying the plane, when the battery cover came off resulting in the battery, speed controller and receiver swinging in the breeze, before I could do anything the battery parted company with the plane resulting in the plane going skyward then turning thro. 180 degrees and hit the deck vertically, on retreiving the plane I was amazed to see no damage at all apart from a broken prop. A search for the missing cover and battery did not prove any good, so it was decided to give up the search, I am surprised that there was no damage at all on the airframe, so I have ordered 2 new batteries today, I do not fly planes with 3s batteries so I have had to invest with H.K. once more, Regards .

Martin McIntosh18/05/2018 19:49:49
2421 forum posts
935 photos

Glad to see that you got away with that. My c.g. was intended to be as per plan but may be a little forward of it which I intend to rectify. I mostly set the c.g. so that on exiting a spin the model rotates exactly half a turn after neutralising the controls. Works for me.

Geoff Parkes19/05/2018 08:13:18
50 forum posts

Taking the plane to the field today to try and borrow a 3S battery, rebuilt the cover and beefed up the front lug, rear catch, so should stop in place, will advise if I manage to fly today, otherwise I will have to wait until my new batteries arrive regards

Geoff Parkes23/05/2018 08:28:27
50 forum posts

Martin, at last ! I flew my Peacemaker yesterday using a borrowed "well used " lipo, with all the mods listed it flew really well, strong gusty winds at our field yesterday, but the plane coped well,it needs slightly less elevator,but loops slow rolls even a bit of inverted all coped with well, many thanks for your input, looking forward to many happy hours flying my Peacemaker. Regards Geoff.

Martyn K23/05/2018 09:13:30
4555 forum posts
3169 photos

Some photos of Martin's Peacemaker from Sunday

It flew beautifully

jl023.jpg

jl022.jpg

jl031.jpg

jl035.jpg

jl036.jpg

Martin McIntosh23/05/2018 09:28:42
2421 forum posts
935 photos

Glad it now goes well Geoff. The elevator on mine also needs the sensitivity reducing, more expo I expect.

Geoff Parkes24/05/2018 08:26:11
50 forum posts

Your Peacemaker looks good, I cant load photos onto the site otherwise i would post some of mine ,again thanks for your input, only my Chris Gold Defiant and my Nijhous Zero to maiden then I am up to date on flying my new projects

Geoff Parkes25/05/2018 10:03:34
50 forum posts

3 more flights yesterday, wind still strong and gusty, first flight was with settings as previous flights , but the second two were with reduced elevator and increased aileron, what a difference, the rolls were axial and the plane felt a lot more stable, I now use the new batteries that came on Tuesday, Turngy 2200 3s 40c, the first flight was timed at 3 mins. on landing a battery check gave 73%left, the timer was increased to 5 mins which left 65% in the battery, increasing to 6 mins left over 50% left, I was amazed at this as I was not trying for duration , it was my average flight which does not include many straight and level circuits, I think I have the plane well sorted now, I was planning to use it as a winter hack for next year but I have promoted it to a go to plane for this year, when the plane performed so bad after the first flight I offered it free to one of our club members who normally does not refuse anything, but he refused it ,on seeing it now fly asked if the airframe was" still free to good home " guess what my answer was?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Airtek Hobbies
Overlander
Wings & Wheels 2018
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues