Forum sponsored by CML

Enya ss 30 problems

stops when glow charge removed

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul Williams04/09/2008 13:00:00
386 forum posts
81 photos

can anyone  help? I have recently purchased an old Kyosho heli, the engine cuts when I remove the glow charger. Should it have a permanent charge with it being an inverted engine?

Thanks

Paul

Bruce Richards04/09/2008 14:35:00
1849 forum posts
Have you tried a new glow plug. This is what tends to happen when the glow plug needs replacing. Is it a second hand purchase or is the heli brand new?
Paul Williams05/09/2008 08:20:00
386 forum posts
81 photos
Its second hand Bruce, the reason I hesitate is that so many times I have heard inverted engines run better with constant feed to plugs.
Bruce Richards05/09/2008 09:35:00
1849 forum posts
I am not a Heli expert but in my experience constant feed plugs have been used on inverted 4 strokes where there is only one combustion every 4th stroke and the plug can cool too much at low RPM. I was having problems with an old OS FP 40 mounted inverted and I tried a cooler grade plug which improved the situation.
Trevor Meakin08/09/2008 14:34:00
38 forum posts

Hi Paul

I Dont think you should need a constant feed , I have just rekindled my love of the hobby , by dusting of an old Kyosha copter , this too has an enya also inverted mount .

I had initial trouble getting the thing started , see my cry for help , this has now been sorted out and the engine runs like a dream , I would certainly try a new plug ..

All the best , hope you get it sorted .. 

Paul Williams09/09/2008 07:41:00
386 forum posts
81 photos
cheers fella, I have been hearing stuff about single needle carbs early ones being crap, I was told to look out for a twin needle upgrade makes it run much better.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Gliders Distribution
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us