Enigma

A new model from Evolution - 27/5/09

Mega Fusion

Mega Fusion

first look - 15/11/12

birdy29/09/2008 17:22:00
1423 forum posts
110 photos
Better then getting new ones every month!
Bruce Richards30/09/2008 17:13:00
1849 forum posts
The new servos have arrived and were fitted today. I had to redo the closed loop wires to the new horns. Managed to undo 3 of them by squeezing open the fixing tubes. The forth one damaged the wire so I joined a short length on the end. All I need now is some good weather but that looks unlikely any time soon
Bruce Richards04/10/2008 18:30:00
1849 forum posts
I managed a quick maiden flight today. Wind was starting to blow and rain starting to fall so not a lot to report. It flys well and lands soooooo slowly into s slight head wind. Only flew on low rates but it was quit lively doing tight loops but roll rate was not very fast. Can't wait for another good day to try it on high rates.
David Ashby - Moderator05/10/2008 15:19:00
11013 forum posts
1718 photos
616 articles
NIce one Bruce, look forward to the full flying report
Bruce Richards08/10/2008 19:29:00
1849 forum posts

Had a chance to fly the Fusion today and got a much better feel for what it can do. It is a very smooth flyer and the controls feel quite soft even on full rates. I think I will try to increase the throws on the ailerons to get a better role rate. It will roll quite fast at high air speed but I just feel it should do more t lower speeds.

It is very lazy in the spin and does not want to spin at all. I think this is because of the balance point being very far forward so I plan to move the receiver lipo pack back behind the servo tray to get the balance point further back.

The best bit is how well it hovers with a slight head wind I managed to Harrier (i think that is the correct term) down and land almost vertically. I have tried this before with other models but always bottled out before hitting the ground. With the Fusion it just kept coming gently down until it landed very softly.

I am still getting used to it and I am sure there is more to come with some adjustments I will keep you posted. But finally the landings make you look like a god it just floats in and gently kisses the ground.

Bruce Richards10/10/2008 10:33:00
1849 forum posts
Just put the Fusion on the scales the fuselage with all the bits is 2lb 6oz and the wing is 12oz for a total of 3lb 2oz.
birdy10/10/2008 20:58:00
1423 forum posts
110 photos
Sounds good, but I was expecting it to be better. Perhaps the CoG change will do wonders?
Bruce Richards22/10/2008 21:33:00
1849 forum posts

The Fusion is getting better the more I fly it. It handles the windy conditions quite well and I have increased the aileron throw for faster role rate. I have have also tried inverted spins and these are much better.

Gavin at Evolution Models has suggested I try an Elevator Flap mix which I have set up on my Tx and will try next time out. I will let you know how it goes.

Bruce Richards30/10/2008 10:59:00
1849 forum posts

I put in an elevator to aileron mix so both ailerons move in the opposite direction to the elevator. Snap rolls are now mental as are tight loops. This mix has definitely improved the fun factor with this model.

On the subject of the dodgy servos I refused to use. The supplier has refunded the sale price! Now what can I spend $55 on.

stuart cotgrove01/03/2009 15:59:00
1 forum posts
myself and two clubmates have just completed our fusions using electric motivation.

using the supplied power system from gavin at evolution mated to a 13 by 6.5 prop and a 4s2200 lipo the aircarft is just awesome.

Current draw is around 680watts at wide open throttle with the model restrained, it leaps off the ground at 1/4 throttle and rarely needs above half throttle in normal flight. whack it open though and the plane goes vertical to out of sight in a matter of seconds.

roll rate is high on max ailerons and with the flaps mixed in you get loops in almost it's own length.

This model is head and shoulders above the cougar fun fly and the electric version is the one to go for...

bees10/03/2012 16:02:51
128 forum posts

i know this kit has been disscussed before but i would just like to say what a great model this is, goes together really well and flys even better. only had about 4 flights so far and has been in good conditions but this afternoon we had gusty conditions and i was reluctent to fly because this model is a light weight but Gavin at evolution models assured me that they fly in really strong winds but i am no expert but thought its now or never. i had no problems at all and this model made me look a better pilot than i am and when it was time to land it came in at a crawl with complete control. this model will go with me every time to the field and i can assure you that you will not be dissapointed with this kit. just like to share my opion with fellow modellers when a good kit comes along as i know their is a lot of bad ones on the market for a lot more of our hard earned cash.

Edited By David Ashby on 10/03/2012 16:04:45

David Ashby - Moderator10/03/2012 16:05:06
11013 forum posts
1718 photos
616 articles

Thought I'd just add that to the existing thread bees.

bees10/03/2012 19:02:15
128 forum posts

okay, fine by me.

Unichap02/05/2020 15:25:13
14 forum posts

It's an old thread, but hopefully someone can help ...

I'm just coming to the end of building an electric Fusion II, but am struggling with the best way to secure my flight battery (4S 2200).

Any tips / pics welcome.

Thanks

James

ken anderson.02/05/2020 16:14:10
8682 forum posts
808 photos

hello unichap,have a try using sticky back Velcro...jobs a goodin….coat the balsa with a bit of epoxy,give the Velcro some thing to stick to...

ken anderson...ne...1..sticky dept.

Geoff Copping02/05/2020 16:47:58
36 forum posts
3 photos

It might be a bit belt and braces but I have built in this bracket onto the hatch cover as well as putting sticky back velcro on the floor of the battery bay.cover.jpg

Unichap25/05/2020 20:51:14
14 forum posts

Thanks for the replies. I've managed to shape a piece of foam into the battery bay - the battery fits into this snuggly.

Have now maidened my Fusion - love it - so slow!

FlyinBrian26/05/2020 08:16:46
636 forum posts
4 photos

Do Evolution Models still exist?

David Ashby - Moderator26/05/2020 09:25:26
11013 forum posts
1718 photos
616 articles

They do Brian.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!