Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Oracover(profilm), solarfilm & HK Film

covering material opinions please

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
2W26/05/2018 11:21:34
38 forum posts

In the past I have only used Solarfilm and added decoration with Solartrim. Searching the HK site has revealed no similar trimming material, so I assume that any decoration in done by ironing on different colours of HK film, but doesn't this lead to the trim shrinking back from the desired positions? If so, how do you add trim patterns and colours? Help!

William

RC Plane Flyer26/05/2018 11:34:51
444 forum posts
15 photos

Hi William I was in a similar position last week then I remembered we have a good car accessory shop and they have a large array of car trimming bits stripes and colour bands problem solved

FlyinBrian27/05/2018 11:59:32
469 forum posts
Posted by 2W on 26/05/2018 11:21:34:

In the past I have only used Solarfilm and added decoration with Solartrim. Searching the HK site has revealed no similar trimming material, so I assume that any decoration in done by ironing on different colours of HK film, but doesn't this lead to the trim shrinking back from the desired positions? If so, how do you add trim patterns and colours? Help!

William

William

If you use the film as trim ( ie film on film) use a low heat, just enough to get the film to stick without shrinking.

2W27/05/2018 14:17:20
38 forum posts

RC Plane flyer. Thanks for your input. It's surprising what can be found in the most unlikely places. At one time I was seriously thinking of buy thin polyester lining material from John Lewis! In the end I chickened out and bought nylon from the LMS.

FlyinBrian. Thanks for the tip. I didn't want to buy 3 or 4 different rolls of film only to find that when using different colours for trimming it would shrink out of shape.

Roo Hawkins27/05/2018 16:58:39
60 forum posts
23 photos
I have used HK film with no problems for trimming use van sign vinyl dead cheap from eBay ?7 for 7 meters. It is also good for covering sheeted wings and fuzs not heatsrink though. My 1/4 scale t53 is covered in it. A lot stronger than film I do all my large gliders with it.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Overlander
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2018
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
Gliders Distribution
Airtek Hobbies
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues