Forum sponsored by CML

Posting Flickr images

Adding photos or albums to your thread

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Pete B - Moderator17/05/2018 23:07:54
7562 forum posts
732 photos

For anyone wishing to link to pics or albums on Flickr, the following instructions should work. There seems to be two ways of doing it. If anyone can come up with a simpler method, I'm all ears!smile

'Using a direct URL to link to the pic' Follow the instructions in this section to post individual pics, using the 'Image' button (to the left of the camera symbol) on the top line of the reply box in this forum:

1. Click a photo on Flickr to open it.
  2. Click the Download icon Click to download and image to Flickr..
  3. Click View all sizes.
  4. Click on the size you want to see - Medium 800 seems about right here.
  5. Right-click the image.
  6. Select Copy Image Location or Copy Image URL (text may vary per browser).
  7. In the forum reply box, click on the 'Image' button to the left of the camera symbol in the top row and paste the URL in the box. Click on the box containing the Latin text and the picture should appear. Click the OK button and the picture will be embedded in your post.

'Embedding an album, photo or video' Follow the instructions in this section to post an album, using the blue 'Embed Media' button in the second row, next to the Youtube button.

1. Select the Album you wish to post from the Album List page.
  2. Click the Share icon Right-pointing arrow.
  3. Click Embed in the box which is displayed (see example below).
  4. Pick a size you want to display - 800 x 563 seems about right here.
  5. Copy the code by clicking on it (it will be highlighted in blue), then click the X.
  6. In the forum reply box, click on the blue 'Embed Media' button in the second row and paste the code in the box. Click OK and the album will be embedded in your post.

flickr embed.jpg

John Privett19/05/2018 23:12:47
5927 forum posts
236 photos

Just tried the second method above, comparing it to what I previously did - and had mentioned on page 10 in the sandbox.

Works fine and has the advantage (I think...) that when you hover over the picture some flickr links become active and clicking on the image takes you straight to the flickr album containing the image.

I'll try to remember the new way!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Wings & Wheels 2019
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Addlestone Models
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us