Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Blackpool & Fylde Annual Fly In.....

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Percy Verance21/05/2018 06:37:06
7071 forum posts
141 photos

Visited this Fly In yesterday. With it only being an hour or so from home, and the weather being particularly pleasant, we decided to take a look. The Blackpool & Fylde Club certainly have what surely must be one of the finest model flying sites I think I have ever seen, complete with it's large clubhouse and verandah, excellent parking facilities etc. The crowning glory were the bacon rolls at just a quid, along with tea and coffee at 50p per mug!

I shan't give precise details of exactly where the site is, as I don't feel that would be appreciated, but suffice to say it's an excellent place to fly.

A very varied selection of models were flown in the superb conditions yesterday, from a very large Fokker D6, powered by a nice Saito radial, to an extremely fast hotliner. It was worthy of note that probably as many as half the models were electric powered, including some quite large ones. In particular, there was an Avro Vulcan of about 8 foot span, with a single electric ducted fan. It flew on fourteen lipo cells, had retracts, and flew extremely smoothly (and quietly) for a ducted fan job. Nice. I also spotted  a nice Alliance F3a job. Unfortunately the owner seemed to be suffering more than a few issues with his (what looked like) a YS engine.

All in all, a great day at a superb site. Well done the Blackpool & Fylde Club!

Edited By Percy Verance on 21/05/2018 06:43:54

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Motion RC
Overlander
electricwingman 2017
Airtek Hobbies
Slec
Expo Tools 14 July
Wings & Wheels 2018
Gliders Distribution
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us