This forum...

...and the folks on it

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Nigel R24/05/2018 15:05:24
1208 forum posts
275 photos

Friends, Romans, Countrymen...

Just like to say, a hearty thank you to the moderators for running a well moderated forum (well done!) and to all the chaps on here (well to done to all of us!).

A number of times I've asked for some small help or to locate a widget or part - and the members have come good every time above and beyond what I'd expect.

Long may it continue!

Edited By Nigel R on 24/05/2018 15:05:55

ken anderson.24/05/2018 16:45:47
8016 forum posts
729 photos

same from me Nigel...great lads....I've met a couple of them ....all rice puddings(goodins)... young Ashers is having a bit of a skive at the min.. ...... thanks from ne...1..

ken anderson...ne..1.... 3 cheers for the mods dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 24/05/2018 16:50:13

Pete B - Moderator24/05/2018 17:34:45
7412 forum posts
705 photos

Very kind of you to say so, gents, but TBH it's the overwhelming majority of forumites who make our job very easy indeed - thanks to you all....thumbs up

Pete

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator24/05/2018 19:49:54
15198 forum posts
1407 photos

Yeah I'd second that from Pete. For the vast majority of the time and people it is an easy and pleasant job to moderate this forum. So thank you to all of you!

I too am often amazed at what people on here know! Someone will ask a question, straight out of left field, not even about model aeroplanes, and there will be folks on here able to give knowledgable advice. Amazing! The only thing I think we haven't done so far is marrage guidance - but it wouldn't surprise me if we did that one day!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 24/05/2018 19:50:28

TJ Alexander24/05/2018 19:54:00
95 forum posts

And so say all of us!

kevin b24/05/2018 20:28:13
1503 forum posts
156 photos
Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 24/05/2018 19:49:54:

Yeah I'd second that from Pete. For the vast majority of the time and people it is an easy and pleasant job to moderate this forum. So thank you to all of you!

I too am often amazed at what people on here know! Someone will ask a question, straight out of left field, not even about model aeroplanes, and there will be folks on here able to give knowledgable advice. Amazing! The only thing I think we haven't done so far is marrage guidance - but it wouldn't surprise me if we did that one day!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 24/05/2018 19:50:28

Speaking as a long time confirmed bachelor, my advice is "don't do it". devil

Josip Vrandecic -Mes24/05/2018 21:18:02
2868 forum posts
241 photos

Dear Nigel, Our moderators, besides being the finest technical scholars, they are familiar with applied psychology and life at all. I would like to emphasize that, for our good fortune, we also have top forum members, so there is no problem that can not be solved. It is very important to me because I'm a foreigner, in every respect, and my English is really a problem .... although I have been recently convinced that it is quite , by very decent people at the forum ... teeth 2face 6

All the best and greetings from Adriatic Sea.

john stones 124/05/2018 21:57:27
9339 forum posts
1428 photos

yes nuff said.

Percy Verance24/05/2018 22:04:07
6476 forum posts
110 photos

Reading the posts in this thread I'd like to add my two penneth.

I've used a few forums over the years, and this one is, for me, unquestionably the best. To my dismay on one particular forum I found there was one *character* (for want of a better word) who seemed to rule the roost, dishing out his own brand of wit and wisdom. His remarks were little more than cutting insults at times, with the mods almost seeming to be frightened of him. He appeared to use the forum as liitle more than a stage from which to display his solar system sized ego. I found it rather unpleasant at times.

I thank the Lord we don't have anything like that on here. Sure, the mods can (and do!) use the heavy handed approach when it's necessary. But that is after all their role. They carry it out a lot better than most on here......

Edited By Percy Verance on 24/05/2018 22:05:12

Broken Prop25/05/2018 10:18:59
530 forum posts
1 photos

Well said Percy. A big yes for our mods.

Pete

Fun Flyer25/05/2018 22:10:40
245 forum posts
31 photos

Percy, you hit the nail on the head. Its a pity the other mods never hit the "character" on the head!

David Davis26/05/2018 05:13:01
2885 forum posts
489 photos

A "character" like that has recently joined our club. They're a bit more difficult to "moderate" in the flesh than on-line but we're getting there!

Percy Verance26/05/2018 07:54:12
6476 forum posts
110 photos

Oh David, don't get me started down that particular road.......... In our particular case we very quickly decided that *in the flesh* moderation was just too much hassle. The simplest and easiest solution - for us at least - was to leave the problematic individual and his unfalteringly loyal cronies behind and form another club. That was almost ten years ago.

It doesn't seem to matter whether it's a forum, an angling or golf club or whatever. There are almost certainly going to be differences of opinion and clashes of personality. But I guess that if/when it all becomes too much to manage or cope with, then something has to give.

I've been a member of this forum now for something like 6 years I think, and not once have I witnessed the sort of thing I mentioned in my first post in this thread. This surely has to be down to both the moderators and their approach, and of course the quality of the forum membership.

Edited By Percy Verance on 26/05/2018 08:05:18

2W26/05/2018 11:35:40
38 forum posts

Nearly 44,000 topics with (say) an average of 20 posts per topic amounts to a lot of work for the Mods. I admire the dedication and the even handedness they demonstrate, particularly when we express our views too strongly in more extreme language than we should.

Full marks, and thank you for maintaining an excellent forum.

William

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Aircraft? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Airtek Hobbies
Overlander
Wings & Wheels 2018
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
What is the main brand of transmitter you use? (2018)
Q: What is the main brand of transmitter you use?

FrSky
 Futaba
 Graupner
 HiTec
 Jeti
 JR
 Multiplex
 Spektrum
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues