By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Futaba 14sg or 16sz, any thoughts?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Jason Channing09/07/2018 21:45:33
66 forum posts

I am a JR man, but also use the Frsky tarranis for all my quads , I bought My son the Futaba 14Sg and would not suggest buying one, way to to basic with no flight modes for airplane use and no way of setting up flap trims for each flap setting, a very annoying touch sensitive rotary selector which is totally useless if you fly using finger and thumbs as the side of your palm constantly opens up the screen as soon as you touch the selector, Going to upgrade him to the 16 or 18SZ.

Edited By Jason Channing on 09/07/2018 21:49:25

Tim Flyer09/07/2018 22:37:20
878 forum posts
143 photos

No ce Rich. The 16ch looks great that would be my choice for a new TX. I’m surprised though that Jason’s son finds the 14SG “too basic” as it certainly has all I need . I find the duals good and quality and operates fine, but if buying new the 16 makes most sense being a new model.

Rich too10/07/2018 04:55:45
2853 forum posts
1042 photos
Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 09/07/2018 20:52:34:

Rich, very nice, just a word of warning if you are using some older FrSky FASST compatible receivers, when Futaba did an RF update about 3 years ago there were some issues with the FrSky FASST compatible receivers and these too had to be updated, so if you have any older Frsky FASST compatibles you will need to update them before using with your new tx.

Note no issues with then older Futaba FASST rxs though.

Thanks Frank, I haven’t used FrSky receivers for a while now so it shouldn’t be an issue.

Thanks gents.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Revoc
Gliders Distribution
Motion RC
Overlander
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
Airtek Hobbies
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us