Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Good service

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
fly boy317/06/2018 16:16:39
3675 forum posts
22 photos

Ordered fuel mid day on Mon, arrived mid day Tues. Exellent service from Western uk in Kent. Cheers

cymaz17/06/2018 17:23:27
9246 forum posts
1194 photos

That didn’t get lost in the postyes.

Taking of service , I bought a Moki glow piston ring direct from Moki on eBay. 3 weeks the thing hasn’t turned up. I use the email to contact Moki....they help as best they can, with me  not speaking Hungarian and their English scraping by at best. Moki show me the tracking, yes it’s in the UK. I use the Post Office track and trace. It seems it’s been at Heathrow Customs for all this time while an investigation takes place face 10!!

eBay resolution give me a full refundthumbs up....as for the piston ring? Who knows? clockface 5

Anyone have a piston ring for a glow Moki 135 that hasn’t been examined by HMC&E they want to sell?

Edited By cymaz on 17/06/2018 17:24:10

onetenor20/06/2018 16:09:09
1901 forum posts

HMRC charged me £13.10 p on items from HK costing 2p. Can't get any sense from them.

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator20/06/2018 17:57:45
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Onetenor, are you certain that was HMRC's charge, and not the courier's charge for clearing it through customs? The Post Office in particular are very good at just adding £13 on for themselves - basically for signing a form and collecting the package - the later of which I think they have already been paid for!!

BEB

Don Fry20/06/2018 18:18:24
4557 forum posts
54 photos

Dangerous things those piston rings. Oooo, can imagine the pain options. Best lie down in a dark, quiet, place.

Erfolg20/06/2018 18:59:21
11739 forum posts
1333 photos

onetenor

For something costing 2p, I would just leave it with the PO. it now comes a problem for them, in that the manpower that they will expend in consigning the item to the tip, will be far more than £13.

If on the other hand it was 2p over £15, then there is vat and a handling fee for the item and postage cost. Since the reduction from £18 to save HMV, due to Channal Island CD purchase and the drop in the value of the pound, plus the effects of inflation, HK China is best used for all those small items that the LMS charges well over £15 for, when purchased from China cost a couple of pounds.

HK Europe (UK+ Neatherlands) still offers good value for money when the item is over £14.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!