Jeez, it's torture.crook

Martin Harris11/07/2018 20:55:12
7917 forum posts
203 photos

If I wasn't already grey - I would be!

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator11/07/2018 21:01:32
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

I think the decision to follow the football might have been a mistake! I can't cope with the stress!

Why do England keep passing the ball backwards? - OK I can see you sometimes have to, but they seem to be doing it all the time. Surely you can't score goals that way?

BEB

Devcon111/07/2018 21:08:27
1327 forum posts
462 photos

Oh my oh my. Just been out to water the hanging baskets to distract myself.

No intelligent football talk from me I just can't watch..

Martin Harris11/07/2018 21:39:00
7917 forum posts
203 photos

Best of luck in the final, Josip.

SR 7111/07/2018 21:47:09
215 forum posts
59 photos

We got no more than we deserve, did we actually get any goals from open play in the whole competition, one, we did not look like scoring, to much passing back,

john stones 111/07/2018 21:57:54
9975 forum posts
1472 photos

Congratulations Croatia, Luca Modric was outstanding. yes

The dream is over then, no criticisms from me, represented their Country first class, gave everything they had, behaved faultlessly and kept a smile on their faces.

Well done the Lads.

McG 696911/07/2018 22:17:09
2342 forum posts
974 photos

I'll join John S in my brief comment.

England had a strong first half, but Croatia came out to the second half with an unbelievable mental 'momentum'.

The kind of 'epos' our Red Devils missed out completely. sad

And they managed to keep that even during the extra times.

If allowed, for me it was the most 'surprising' match of the tournament so far.

Congrats Croatia... and please keep that smile going on Josip friendly face... angel

Sorry for you, the Lions...

Cheers

Chris

Devcon111/07/2018 22:21:37
1327 forum posts
462 photos

Also well done to Croatia, they just had a bit more on the night.

Thread question answered. World Cup semi final.

Hope the boys take away all the positives from this tournament and build for the Euros. I think we won against the "Fed Up" thread so all is good.

Looking forward to a new season with my team Grimsby Town... up the Mariners wink

Edited By Devcon1 on 11/07/2018 22:23:32

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator11/07/2018 23:54:26
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

I think England did very well - as I said about Belgium, reaching the semi-final is no small achievement. We can be very proud of the team and what they did.

But TBF to me at least Croatia looked the better side over the course of the game and I think deserved to win. So well done to them!

I've enjoyed my brief venture into football. I don't think I'm likely to become a long-term fan, but its been fun and there is always "next time"!

BEB

SR 7112/07/2018 00:21:46
215 forum posts
59 photos

Still one more game is there not, against Belgium for third and forth place

Rich too12/07/2018 05:02:14
2832 forum posts
1031 photos

England were brilliant, and as I said before this game, they have one major weakness, no goals from open play, and that cost them dearly. It would not have flattered England to be 3 nil up at half time so I do not know what game some were watching.

Croatia were awful on the night, using nasty tactics. The ref was shocking - half their team should have been carded by half time. I hope France batter them in the final because it will be a travesty if they go on and win.

Jmho of course.

cymaz12/07/2018 06:32:48
7901 forum posts
1032 photos

Last night I watched the game ...much to my surprise.

Despite the result I thought , “well done lads”. They are giving away 10 years international experience to some players and teams. They have been utterly professional and given everything. In their first ever World Cup to get to being in the top four is a real achievement. It’s not their first and last tournament playing for England so long may they play,grow and improve.

Andy Meade12/07/2018 08:34:39
2445 forum posts
634 photos
Posted by Rich too on 12/07/2018 05:02:14:

England were brilliant, and as I said before this game, they have one major weakness, no goals from open play, and that cost them dearly. It would not have flattered England to be 3 nil up at half time so I do not know what game some were watching.

Croatia were awful on the night, using nasty tactics. The ref was shocking - half their team should have been carded by half time. I hope France batter them in the final because it will be a travesty if they go on and win.

Jmho of course.

+1 yes

Allez les Bleus!

john stones 112/07/2018 09:26:51
9975 forum posts
1472 photos
Posted by cymaz on 12/07/2018 06:32:48:

Despite the result I thought , “well done lads”. They are giving away 10 years international experience to some players and teams. They have been utterly professional and given everything. In their first ever World Cup to get to being in the top four is a real achievement. It’s not their first and last tournament playing for England so long may they play,grow and improve.

yes

supertigrefan12/07/2018 10:15:36
357 forum posts
8 photos
Posted by cymaz on 12/07/2018 06:32:48:

Yep, agreed.

Southgate proved the critics wrong and has gone from zero to hero after 20 years of carrying the Albatross. This is the youngest team we've put out in a world cup which is encouraging as all we seem to do is bemoan our youth. Since the London Olympics we have reclaimed our reputation as a sports nation and this World cup has reinforced that, the team lacked experience and at times it showed so they got to the semis' on ability, discipline, sportsmanship and determination and I'm proud of them for that. This is the beginning of a new era in international football for England and for me, a new interest in our national team that I have often mocked, in a sport I usually have no interest in.

P.s- Roy Keane...…..Shut up mate. His delight at the England loss is always thinly veiled and IMO after the career ending injury he caused to Haland  (I'm not convinced that it wasn't deliberate), I don't think he should be allowed the courtesy to publicly criticise or give an opinion on anything to do with English football.

Edited By supertigrefan on 12/07/2018 10:28:50

Levanter12/07/2018 10:22:10
781 forum posts
423 photos

Of all the teams in the tournament I though our lads got the closest to playing the "beautiful game". A lot of the football was plain ugly in the qualifying stages and some scraped through with some extremely boring defensive play.

Whilst acknowledging that the refs have a tough job I thought there should have been a harder crack-down on some quite violent play and heated remonstrations. OK sometimes quite entertaining but I think overall it was not a good influence. My take anyway.

Great job however and reasons to be proud. A lot of countries will have some concerns meeting the English in the Europeans and the next time around.

By the way I was watching the game in Montenegro surrounded by Croatians. All good natured when me and my missus were lone voices so well done to the fans too.

Levanter

john stones 112/07/2018 10:42:11
9975 forum posts
1472 photos

Roys a grouch, happy enough to take the money for the TV appearance, pay him no mind.

Mowerman12/07/2018 12:40:18
1518 forum posts
103 photos

crying

Tom Sharp 212/07/2018 12:44:06
3195 forum posts
17 photos

Lets just hope that Croatia don't have a Test Match standard cricket team.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Overlander
Gliders Distribution
Slec
electricwingman 2017
CML
Expo Tools 14 July
Airtek Hobbies
Wings & Wheels 2018
Motion RC
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us