Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Phoenix...gone?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
r6dan03/07/2018 17:40:36
1107 forum posts
46 photos

it seems in my absence phoenix is discontinued, any advice of what sim to get to replace it?

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator03/07/2018 17:50:05
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Phoenix may come back! Who knows? I could be wrong here but I think the problem was it all got tangled up in the Horizon Hobby thing. But HH now have an official UK outlet - so as I say who knows. I doubt it will though, because the new distributor for HH in the UK, LogicRC, seem to me to have a big interest in RealFlight. So I guess they will be promoting that - but we await developments!

I liked Phoenix - and while I have tried RealFlight, and I know it gets great write ups etc. I personally don't like it much - feels too "American". Nothing against our American cousins, but with Phoenix there were flying sites that felt like places I fly in - I can't say the same for Real-Flight.

BEB

andyh03/07/2018 20:22:45
421 forum posts
22 photos

I'm still using it. people are still producing new site & model files for it. the graphics may age over time, but the physics is still pretty good.

as it's no longer being sold commercially, it might be worth trying a little googling

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Revoc
CML
Overlander
Wings & Wheels 2018
Motion RC
electricwingman 2017
Airtek Hobbies
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us