Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Isabella RCM&E plan

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
andy paterson07/08/2018 13:20:39
51 forum posts
Hi all
Looking at building the new plan in this month's mag, it's going to be IC engine, I have few spare engines but what would be the equivalent engine size for enya 09 , I have Googled but not much info , maybe I am getting old and the eyes are not so good
J D 807/08/2018 13:37:48
1058 forum posts
65 photos

Something of 1.5 cc should do it.

Alan Gorham_07/08/2018 15:09:42
742 forum posts
90 photos

Not an exhaustive list but a few for you to Gooogle...

Glow engines:

ASP .12,

OS 10 FP (not available new, but worth considering a good second hand one)

OS 10 LA (not available new, not as good as the OS 10 FP imo)

What's wrong with the Enya 09, still available in small batches from Enya direct from time to time?

Diesel engines:

PAW .09 R/C

Sharma 1.5cc R/C

andy paterson07/08/2018 15:31:29
51 forum posts
Hi Alan
Nothing wrong with enya at all, I have an OS25 new sitting in a box doing nothing but I could not find details of the Enya engine .
Alan Gorham_07/08/2018 15:56:49
742 forum posts
90 photos

This is it on the Enya site. Yes you buy direct from them in Japan. I've done this several times and their service was quick and their engines as good as ever:

**LINK**

Like I said, it's currently out of stock but they make new production runs every month or so.

Also like I said there are many other choices.

If you don't need a throttle then there are many older diesels readily available on Ebay (DC, AM etc).

Levanter18/08/2018 09:55:53
826 forum posts
429 photos

Hello Andy

Have you started the build? I am toying with the idea because my partner saw the photos and decided that she would like Isabella to add to her collection. She already has an Isabella so this one will be Isabella Due.

If I do, there will be some mods to the wing construction around the spars and probably riblets to even out the leading edge surfaces. I have an OS LA 10 (Blue) new in box that would fit nicely and it will influence the colour scheme.

Really I should finish off some existing projects but I am a glutton for punishment and of course it would be in a good cause!

Levanter

andy paterson18/08/2018 10:14:57
51 forum posts
Hi Levanter, no not started yet, had an accident with the wot trainer so I'm sorting that out first
Andy

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Motion RC
CML
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2018
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us