Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Goldwing 70e planes

thinking of buying one are they O.K.?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Geoff Parkes19/08/2018 09:00:32
72 forum posts

I have had an Extreme Flight electric 60" Extra for about 8 years , I am thinking of a replacement, I have had 2- 30 cc and 1- electric gold wing plane purchased from Kings lynn models i the past when they used to stock them, they were all superb planes. I am thinking of either the Gold wing Corvus 70 e or the Slick 540 70 e to replace my extra , anyone out there any experience of these planes ? I fly mainly turn round aerobatics with a limited amount of 3 d , any advice would be appreciated

cymaz19/08/2018 10:50:33
7900 forum posts
1032 photos

I am really trying hard not to buy a Goldwing Extra 330sc.......but the force is too strong so will get one probably in November after I've sold some other airframes at the local bring and buy.

That doesn't help to answer your question, I know, also would love the Corus.

I read somewhere that Skyline and Goldwing are built in the same factory . How true, I don't know...

here

Adrian Smith 119/08/2018 14:58:34
2026 forum posts
763 photos

Geoff, I have found GoldWing kits really well produced and all I have had display excellent flying characteristics. I know mine were not specifically leccys, but I am flying the GW Corvus 60cc and GW SBach 342 50cc, both on electric set ups. They converted well to electric without much modification.

IMHO the best UK supplier for these kits is RapidRC Models based down in Kent somewhere. I have ordered a lot of stuff from them (including kits) and the customer service is all you could want. If memory serves they have some smaller GW electrics on the website too. yes

Edited By Adrian Smith 1 on 19/08/2018 15:00:04

Adrian Smith 119/08/2018 15:00:26
2026 forum posts
763 photos

**LINK**

There you go!

Bob Cotsford19/08/2018 15:20:10
7499 forum posts
426 photos

Damn you all!

Well, I guess it was my birthday last week laugh

Geoff Parkes19/08/2018 17:52:13
72 forum posts

Thanks everybody for your response, the main reason for asking the question is I am going to the Nats. on Sunday and Rapid are supposed to be there, so I dont need any other excuse to part with my hard earned dosh. Thanks again will post what I ended up with.

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator19/08/2018 17:57:00
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

It's out of stock Bob, so you're safe,....

unless of course it's out of stock because you just bought the last one!

BEB

Bob Cotsford19/08/2018 23:12:44
7499 forum posts
426 photos

I thought that BEB as it went to 'out of stock' after I put in my order but I've had a refund and an apology from Justin as they'd sold the last one yesterday but had not updated the stock list. Unfortunately in between ordering it and getting the refund notice I'd ordered a motor and esc - so, AJ Laser 60 in red and white, Goldwing Slick 540 in yellow or a Goldwing Yak in red and blue. Life has become really complicated since retiring laugh

Rich too25/08/2018 07:11:45
2831 forum posts
1031 photos

I’d go for the Laser, they are supposed to be superb yes

Bob Cotsford25/08/2018 10:05:55
7499 forum posts
426 photos

After due deliberation and in consideration of my flying style and flying site I opted for (drum roll please) - a H9 Ultra Stick blush. While I loved the look of the yellow scheme Yak I did wonder how long one would stand up to my landings on not so good days, all told the Stick is probably more practicle on our rabbit scarred field.

I also picked up a pre-loved unbuilt HK Sukhoi 29 30e kit to satisfy my scale(ish) urges. Needless to say lots of bracing are going in around the U/C mount. If that lasts the course maybe I'll treat myself to the GW Yak when it's back in stock.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 25/08/2018 10:07:25

Geoff Parkes26/08/2018 09:17:26
72 forum posts

I went to the Nats. yesterday (Saturday )and ended up at Rapid models , after talking to the very helpefull staff I ended up with a Goldwing E70 slick 540 kit, so will see how that goes after building, instructions are on a disc, not certain if like this idea , much prefer a chinglish leaflet to try and decipher, I think the"best "conversion into english was in an italian kit which asked me to wipe the plane over before covering with a tampon , thats one part of the instructions I did not follow, regarding this years Nats. there seems to be only a small proportion of trade stands in comparison with previous years, after taking the sunglass, and craft stands away there seems only about 20 true aeromodeling stands , sign of the times? but the weather was kind, mainly sun and not to windy, I think the various competition flight lines were trying to pack as much in to try and get in front of todays (Sunday)forecast of bad weather , all in all not a bad day.

cymaz26/08/2018 12:34:11
7900 forum posts
1032 photos

Good to hear you got one Geoff. Keep us all informed about the build and any pitfalls etc.....I think I have to wait until November before there’s enough money from other planes sales sad

Geoff Parkes27/08/2018 16:00:40
72 forum posts

Thanks for that cymaz, it is to replace an extreeme flight extra which was 8 years old, I used it as a yard stick for any artf aerobatic planes that I purchased, the only one that came close was a goldwing su26 which although much cheaper than the extreeme flight flew almost as well, this being my idea of trying Goldwing again, I have all the gear our of the extra, bur one or two other projects to sort before starting the slick, will keep you posted regards Geoff.

Ultymate28/08/2018 12:10:05
1673 forum posts
53 photos

I've just bought and kitted out a Goldwing's Slick 540 60 cc size, have only got three flights on it so still sorting things out. It's very light for it's size but well constructed with plenty of glue visible in critical areas. The only niggle to date is the covering has had to be tightened a couple of times but this is not unusual in most ARTF's I've found. It fly's well on a DLE 55. I bought it from Big Planes in the Netherlands and even with carriage it cost less than I could find it in the UK and they also had stock

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Airtek Hobbies
Motion RC
Expo Tools 14 July
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Overlander
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2018
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us