Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

BMFA?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
SIMON CRAGG31/08/2018 17:26:50
576 forum posts
5 photos

Is it just me, or are the BMFA not as good at responding to e.mails as they used to be?. Over the last few weeks I have asked a couple of fairly simple questions. The response?............................Stony silence. Maybe they are to busy with the new flying site to bother with grass root club members anymore!.Shame really, as they used to be mega reliable.

Dickw31/08/2018 17:30:36
737 forum posts
99 photos

Perhaps it was the Nationals they were busy with - lot of work organisng that.

Dick

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator31/08/2018 17:42:58
15748 forum posts
1460 photos
No they are not always the quickest to respond. But to be fair in this case I agree with Dick. The Nats is a huge logistical challenge for an organisation with the staffing level of the BMFA I bet it's all hands to the wheel in the weeks before hand and immediately after.
BEB
Denis Watkins31/08/2018 18:13:17
4552 forum posts
124 photos

The majority of the staff are

Part Time employees

And very busy

Keith Lomax01/09/2018 20:48:13
204 forum posts

Posted by Denis Watkins on 31/08/2018 18:13:17:

The majority of the staff are

Part Time employees

And very busy

Actually this is not the case, apart from the last three words.

Three of the staff are model fliers, and thus most likely to be the people who would answer a query about anything technical or club related. All three were heavily involved in the Nats, and then two of them took a few days well deserved holiday. As well as the National Centre (which takes up considerably less than the equivalent of one full time employee's hours between them) and the Nats, they have also been heavily involved in negotiating with authorities at both National and European level to safeguard the future of model flying.

The remainder of the staff are either administrative or accounting.

All of the above are full time.

The only staff that you could consider part time are two people who do specific tasks for us for a few days each month and are paid a set fee for what they do - the BMFA News editor and a PR consultant. Oh, and a cleaner in the office.

Former Member01/09/2018 20:57:17
3577 forum posts

[This posting has been removed]

dave windymiller01/09/2018 20:59:28
109 forum posts
148 photos

A mate of mine lost his cox 010 powered free flight model last Saturday night at the nats. After contacted the bmfa he discovered that it had been handed in to them by some kind person. The BMFA built a box around the model and posted it to him, arriving Thu (i think), totally unharmed.

Well done those involved. I for one didnt expect he would see that again.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!