By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Horus X10S with Spektrum receivers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Long 209/10/2019 18:08:26
8 forum posts

I have a Jumper JP4in1 module which works great with a Horus X10 either using OpenTx or with a PPM output and will bind to Spectrum FrSky Futaba and a variety of other receivers

Regards

Richard Long 212/10/2019 10:16:56
8 forum posts

Hi David

I have a Horus X10 and from what I have read the difference between it and the X10S is negligible except for the cost.

Its a great radio and can be operated using OpenTx or FrOS the choice is yours. FrOS is more like your traditional radio operating systems but OpenTx is not too scary if you are at all computer literate. I use OpenTx.

As far as Spectrum modules are concerned I have both an Orange Module which cannot be purchased new in the UK now because it transmits DSM2 and the Jumper JP4in1 which you can purchase new and it also transmits DSM2. Go figure.

They both work well the Spektrum needs configuring with dip switches and a PPM signal from the transmitter, the Jumper will work with a PPM signal (FrOS) or with the latest version of OpenTx can be used in serial mode and select protocols using the software.

I changed from Spectrum to FrSky around two years ago and have found the radio to be great. The OpenTx allows all sorts of mixing and the telemetry is great and not expensive.

Regards

Richard

Gary Manuel29/11/2019 14:59:47
2021 forum posts
1515 photos

A few questions about the Jumper JP4in1.

1. Will it work with a Horus 12s in order to use existing JR / Spektrum / Orange / Lemon DSM / DSM2 / DSMX receivers?

2. Does it allow true model match (i.e. won't bind if wrong model accidentally selected)?

3. How does range compare with a proper JR transmitter module?

Richard Long 229/11/2019 15:12:12
8 forum posts

Hi Gary

I use mine in a Horus X10 and it works fine so it should work with an X12 with good range don't know how it compares to a JR module.

As far as model match you can set the model number while binding and it shouldn't work with any other receiver when selected

Regards

Richard

Gary Manuel29/11/2019 15:37:25
2021 forum posts
1515 photos

Thanks Richard.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us