By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Exhaust port thread OS 4stroke copy

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
frank killan29/09/2008 20:31:00
55 forum posts
Hi everyone out there,  I wish to make an exhaust system for an SC 160 4 stroke flat twin (OS copy) in a radial cowl. Can anyone tell me the thread size in the exhaust ports.  Thanks.  Frank Killan.            
Nick Lambert07/10/2008 12:47:00
9 forum posts

Don't jnow that engine Frank but I did an OS 91FS exhaust extension a while back and it was a metric thread and .75 pitch. I think my OS 1.20 FS has the same thread pitch too. I know it was an unusual size and when I checked the taps and dies for it were quite expensive so I cut the threads on the lathe.

Nick

frank killan08/10/2008 21:44:00
55 forum posts

Thanks Nick, I have since used the original exhaust pipes and some bendy pipes from Mick Reeves to an exhaust collector ring a friend made for me. I wish I had a lathe ,I can use one but cant afford one ,maybe one day.  

Frank

Nick Lambert09/10/2008 10:07:00
9 forum posts

Frank

If your interest in getting a lathe keep an eye out on ebay. Old industrial types pop up from time to time at really good prices. I got mine, a Colchester Student 1800, from a machine refurb company and with hind site I paid a bit over the odds. However, I did manage to pick up a really decent series 1 Bridgeport milling machine for 600 quid from ebay.

Nick 

frank killan09/10/2008 16:03:00
55 forum posts

Thanks for that Nick.

Frank

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
CML
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
New Poll - Sticky situations...
Q: How often - when using superglue - do you end up with it on your fingers?

Every time
 Occasionally
 Sometimes
 Rarely
 Never
 Wear rubber gloves

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us