By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

What allen keys

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Rocker19/09/2018 11:51:41
293 forum posts

Just brought a Saito 125a ,what a lovely engine .It came with 3 allen keys .I have a set of Align screw drive type allen keys but they are either to small or to big to fit the allen screws on the engine .obviously there are a different type of allen key to what I have .Would like to get a set of allen keys that will fit this engine ,anyone know what type of allen keys they are on Saito engines .IE metric etc so I can buy the right ones

Edited By Rocker on 19/09/2018 11:51:58

Peter Jenkins19/09/2018 11:57:27
1034 forum posts
32 photos

They are all metric Rocker. However, if the engine is new, the only allen keys you need are the ones to remove the rocker covers and check and adjust the valve clearances and these tools should be with the engine as they are supplied by Saito with the engine.

Martin Harris19/09/2018 17:27:24
8021 forum posts
204 photos

Just don't buy them from a discount tool firm - go to a professional quality supplier and make sure they are branded (Bondhus, Unbrako, Wera, Snap-on, Allen are all good examples). The small (well maybe not that small if you go for Snap-On!) price difference in our smaller sizes is more than worth it in avoiding damaged fasteners.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2018
electricwingman 2017
Airtek Hobbies
CML
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Overlander
Slec
Expo Tools 14 July
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us