By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Shropshire Model Flying Club may be looking for a new home!

We will likely lose our current clubhouse and flying site in 2019

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Simon Knight21/09/2018 12:47:01
198 forum posts
375 photos

Dear All

The Shropshire Model Flying Club may need a new home next year as the landlord looks to develop the clubhouse and current flying site into a residential property. He has permission to do so this time of applying and he is keen to get building in the New Year.

He has been very amenable so far and offered us use of other space on his land but it just isn’t the same and each option has its down sides and limitations. We will probably make it work but there will be further limitations on IC flying and this will put off quite a few existing members and of course new, which in the long term may make the club non viable.

Therefore a plea. If you know of anyone that has land in the vicinity of Shrewsbury or 5 mile radius, that would be appropriate and received well please let me know. After 30+ years on the current site, it would be a shame if we had to leave, but I would rather scope options now than have nowhere in the New Year.

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator21/09/2018 13:15:52
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

I'm sorry to hear that Simon. I flew once at the Shropshire club as a guest many years ago, my memories are of a friendly club on a nice site.

I hope you suceed in finding somewhere new.

BEB

Paul Marsh21/09/2018 16:55:57
3538 forum posts
981 photos

Our Congleton Club might be going, as a new by-pass is set to be built and the new road will go right through one corner, where we fly at the moment...

I hope you find a new field, they are getting rarer all the time.

Simon Knight21/09/2018 18:56:59
198 forum posts
375 photos

Thanks Gents, we have a meeting this weekend to discuss options and see where we go from there.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
Pepe Aircraft
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us