Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

High Start Beginner

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tom Sharp 211/10/2018 00:46:18
3243 forum posts
17 photos

Correct me if I am wrong but I can find no mention of the parachute on the line to bring the line down to the launching point.

Barry W11/10/2018 02:02:17
75 forum posts
8 photos

The first high start I bought in the late 1980s The bungee system came with the bungee the line and a parachute at the glider end. The advantage of a parachute is once disconnected from the glider the line will slowly fall to the ground and with the wind blow towards the launch point. It obviously will not reach the launch point as it can't stretch the bungee cord. You still have to walk find the line and pull it back for the next launch. For OP it is handy to have a spring loaded fish scale so you can try with different launch tension to find the optimal value.

Barry W11/10/2018 02:02:18
75 forum posts
8 photos

The first high start I bought in the late 1980s The bungee system came with the bungee the line and a parachute at the glider end. The advantage of a parachute is once disconnected from the glider the line will slowly fall to the ground and with the wind blow towards the launch point. It obviously will not reach the launch point as it can't stretch the bungee cord. You still have to walk find the line and pull it back for the next launch. For OP it is handy to have a spring loaded fish scale so you can try with different launch tension to find the optimal value.

robert chamberlain11/10/2018 04:41:28
90 forum posts

In my posting I forgot to mention the parachute. I made mine from the wrapper from the Sunday newspaper. I layed it out and cut a two foot circle . I then put the strings up and over what would be the top and down to the "O" ring hook that attaches to the glider. Then I taped the strings on to the top of the parachute to keep them in place. As you all know, this lays the tubing and string out down wind. As I fly I , obviously walk over to where it landed. Good exercise and a pleasant way to spent the day.

robert chamberlain11/10/2018 04:42:48
90 forum posts

Hello Barrry,--May I ask you what motor you used on the GL?

Barry W11/10/2018 18:50:54
75 forum posts
8 photos

I used the motor out of my Multiplex Easy Glider Pro, which was a HIMAX C2816-1220 It had a 9by6 folding prop and used a 3S2200 mah battery. This motor is really too powerful but as it was available I used it and it gives quite a spectacular rate of climb

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Motion RC
Expo Tools 14 July
CML
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Overlander
Wings & Wheels 2018
Airtek Hobbies
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us