Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Flightline Spitfire?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
SIMON CRAGG01/10/2018 16:46:28
373 forum posts
5 photos

Thinking about puling the trigger on one of these bad boys .Expensive……...so are they worth it? Anybody got one, comments please. Thx. Simon.

gavinman01/10/2018 16:58:25
6 forum posts

If you want a easy to fly ,good looking Spitfire this is the one to go for .Fly a dream ,easy to land and looks great in the air .I think it is well worth the money ,the quality of the model is excellent

Bucksboy01/10/2018 17:01:03
557 forum posts
106 photos

I hope so, mine arrived last week! All the reviews suggest it’s a well designed plane that flies well and looks great. Mine won’t fly until November though so I’ve got to wait a bit longer yet.

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator01/10/2018 17:03:29
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

I have the 1600mm one. Excellent quality - goes together no fuss. Flys really well - for a warbird it has a low wing loading - around 25oz/sqft. Not for the totally inexperienced - but fine in the hands of any reasonably competant club pilot. Looks great, good ground handling.

The only pinch point is the price - but I'd say it's worth it.

BEB

SIMON CRAGG01/10/2018 18:39:12
373 forum posts
5 photos

I might go totally OTT and get a Merlin sound system. Any ideas as to the best option?

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator01/10/2018 18:47:28
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Mr RC is good

BEB

Trevor Crook01/10/2018 22:27:24
824 forum posts
63 photos

I saw one flying at our club field on Saturday, very impressive. It is quite an investment, but any Spitfire of that size is not going to be cheap. The similarly sized Tony Nijhius kit of parts comes to about £330 with the retracts, and you still have to buy all the servos, motor, esc and covering, then build it.

Apart from getting the satisfaction of the build, I don't understand why people are resistant to spending money on "a lump of foam". For complex, curvy aircraft it's probably the best material to use, and you have to get pretty close these days to spot the surface finish is foam.

David Davis02/10/2018 06:46:21
3346 forum posts
577 photos

I agree with Trevor. This model is on my Christmas list!

SIMON CRAGG02/10/2018 07:45:51
373 forum posts
5 photos
Posted by Trevor Crook on 01/10/2018 22:27:24:

I saw one flying at our club field on Saturday, very impressive. It is quite an investment, but any Spitfire of that size is not going to be cheap. The similarly sized Tony Nijhius kit of parts comes to about £330 with the retracts, and you still have to buy all the servos, motor, esc and covering, then build it.

Apart from getting the satisfaction of the build, I don't understand why people are resistant to spending money on "a lump of foam". For complex, curvy aircraft it's probably the best material to use, and you have to get pretty close these days to spot the surface finish is foam.

Agreed.

I have changed my opinion of electric models in recent years.

They are no longer underpowered, flimsy slow flying junk!.

I recently flew my Freewing Hawk full chat through the top of a fir tree, Did a bit of damage.....but very easy to repair and now flies better than ever.

If it had been a traditional balsa model, I would still be picking up the bits.

They are VERY strong!

Edited By SIMON CRAGG on 02/10/2018 07:50:01

Josip Vrandecic -Mes02/10/2018 09:22:15
2982 forum posts
259 photos
Posted by gavinman on 01/10/2018 16:58:25:

If you want a easy to fly ,good looking Spitfire this is the one to go for .Fly a dream ,easy to land and looks great in the air .I think it is well worth the money ,the quality of the model is excellent

I support and agree completelythumbs up

Josip Vrandecic -Mes02/10/2018 09:29:09
2982 forum posts
259 photos
Posted by Trevor Crook on 01/10/2018 22:27:24:

Thanks Mr.Trevor , finally someone, after Alex Whittaker,said the real and right thing ... thank you so much.

SIMON CRAGG03/10/2018 18:06:31
373 forum posts
5 photos

Any hints / tips etc. on this bad boy?.

On its way as we speak.

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator03/10/2018 20:36:03
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Just follow the very good instructions. I found that the recommended throws and CoG were all fine - unusually!

BEB

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Addlestone Models
Cambridge Gliding Club
Gliders Distribution
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us