By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

throttle lock

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tony Hobson05/10/2018 19:45:46
14 forum posts

Hi guys, does anyone know if it's possible to program a Spectrum dx6i transmitter to have a throttle lock on the 'flap' switch please. A clubmate has set this up for me on my dx7, using the 'Mix 1' function and the 'gear' switch, but despite following the instruction manual and trying to copy the settings on the 7 I can't get it to work. I'd appreciate being 'talked' through the procedure.

Thanks in advance,

Tony.

Frank Skilbeck05/10/2018 21:36:37
4311 forum posts
101 photos

Tony, from what I recall of my Dx6i I don't think you can mix anything into throttle, so mixing flap into throttle is not possible.

Denis Watkins06/10/2018 08:01:37
3499 forum posts
165 photos

Try here Tony **LINK**

Tony Hobson08/10/2018 16:47:20
14 forum posts

Just like to say thanks to everybody who tried to help. Dennis, tried your suggested link but no joy so I emailed Spektrum direct and I've just received a reply telling me that it's not possible to do this on the dx6i as it has a 'throttle cut' button. So, having snatched defeat from the jaws of victory I set it up on my di7 instead.

Cheers

Nigel R08/10/2018 17:01:48
2483 forum posts
406 photos

As an alternative approach, it is very easy to swap the push button throttle cut for a toggle switch. 30 minute job to take the back off and solder in the required switch.

Every model memory has the throttle cut disabled, so you need to enable it for each memory.

Works for me.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
Revoc
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us