Forum sponsored by CML

Super tigre carb part

Wanted

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
trebor11/10/2018 10:24:16
1768 forum posts
212 photos

Hello chaps I have a old Laser 70 with a Super tigre carb that has a bent spray bar tube. Tried looking on line but I have no details on this carb like a Model type, the only thing I can tell you the needle jet is 5/64" and I only need the spraybar tube yes

img_2992.jpg

Engine Doctor11/10/2018 11:35:30
2037 forum posts
20 photos

You will be very lucky to find one of those as ST is not ,as far as I am aware ,still trading. You may find some New old stock lurking in a shop somewhere . Suggest you ask John from Laser engines what carbs they now use or they can help .

trebor11/10/2018 12:13:23
1768 forum posts
212 photos

Cheers, I have already asked Jon crying I don't want to buy new replacement carb as this one was working well till I dropped it. Maybe some one has a part lurking about (fingers crossed)

Martin Harris11/10/2018 12:19:33
7841 forum posts
203 photos

Is it beyond straightening? If the aluminium part is bent, you can anneal it by coating it with soap and gently heating it until the soap turns black. Let it cool and it should bend without cracking. After a few days the aluminium will age harden back to its normal condition.

Sounds like you have nothing to lose by trying it!

trebor11/10/2018 12:48:44
1768 forum posts
212 photos

Its not alloy, only the good stuff "Brass" The needle came out but wont go back in crying

Peter Christy11/10/2018 14:18:40
1064 forum posts

Have you tried Dave Wilshere at Motors & Rotors? **LINK**

Dave's dad, Mick, used to be the Super-Tigre importer, and I'd be surprised if Dave didn't have some bits kicking around somewhere - even if second hand!

--

Pete

trebor11/10/2018 15:01:32
1768 forum posts
212 photos

Thanks but Jon at Lasers put me in touch with Motor & rotors, they had a look and as yet I haven't had a reply saying they found one.

Jonathan W11/10/2018 15:22:07
61 forum posts
11 photos

If you heat it up to dull red with a blow lamp and allow it to cool, that will anneal it and you can have a go at straightening it. The material will remian soft afterwards though, so then more liable to further accidental bending.

The danger of trying to straighten it without annealing is that it might simply snap off, depending on the particular grade and hardness of the brass.

If you have access to a lathe, then it is possible to hold it in the chuck and rotate it to check for straightness. You will also be more easily able to judge the best direction to give it a gentle knock to straighten it.

Stick it in the post and I can do if for you, if you are willing to wait a while and at you own risk of course.

extra slim11/10/2018 16:15:58
419 forum posts
47 photos

at virtually every swap meet I've been to, there have always been a few ST carbs knocking about at the bottom of a box of bits of engines usually under the bench, mostly missing the needle as it was protruding and prone to being snapped. Shouldnt be that hard to get one. A few come up on ebay quite regulary.

trebor11/10/2018 18:40:23
1768 forum posts
212 photos

There is a swapmeet near me next month so I will try that yes

Engine Doctor11/10/2018 19:45:12
2037 forum posts
20 photos

What is the spigot size of the carb and internal bore ? I have a few new carbs in the spares box that might get you running if you can't find the NVA

trebor11/10/2018 21:08:29
1768 forum posts
212 photos

So far I cant shift the engine intake tube but the inside dia air intake on the carb measures 7.2mm or 9/32" ish !!

img_3019.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Overlander
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2018
Expo Tools 14 July
Airtek Hobbies
Motion RC
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us