Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Increased membership?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
SIMON CRAGG13/10/2018 04:27:24
529 forum posts
15 photos

Has anybody seen an increase in membership / inquiries, as a result of "Battle of Britain Model Sqn"?. As club sec. I am keen to encourage newcomers / returners into the hobby. Trouble is, since a lot of our local model shops have closed we are not getting the interest we once had.

cymaz13/10/2018 05:59:30
8925 forum posts
1180 photos

None as yet. We have more enquirers from people wanting to return to flying now the offspring have left home.

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator13/10/2018 08:54:12
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Yes we have. We have a father and son pair have joined giving the programme as at least the partial motivation.

We've also had a few new members on here giving the model Battle of Britian as a reason for them turning what already has been an interest into action.

So, some sucess, but limited so far. And I think that is to be expected. Now if the was a follow up programme I tibk we would start to see bigger numbers and so on.

BEB

john stones 113/10/2018 09:14:52
10868 forum posts
1490 photos

Oddly enough, we always pick new members up this time of year.

Percy Verance13/10/2018 10:07:10
8108 forum posts
155 photos

Our membership is intentionally static. We're just a small club with (very) limited car parking. There is little possibility of increasing the car parking space, so we're limited to how we presently are. Besides, almost all the members have said that they'd prefer not to have an increase in membership, and will if necessary pay more in subs. They seem to like it as it is.......

Edited By Percy Verance on 13/10/2018 10:08:12

James Green213/10/2018 10:25:10
52 forum posts
15 photos

Lucky enough to have my own flying field, but I have seen a definite increase in interest from moles and rabbits since the program was broadcast, not a coincidence surely.

Percy Verance13/10/2018 10:37:47
8108 forum posts
155 photos

Get yourself a Patterdale Terrier James. That ought to make 'em keep their heads down.......

And not that I'd necessarily recommend it, but I'm told a bit of unleaded down a mole hole works wonders too......

Edited By Percy Verance on 13/10/2018 10:49:30

ChrisB13/10/2018 10:40:36
1220 forum posts
34 photos

We’ve had 2 enquiries. One who dabbled years ago and one raw novice. I’m not sure if they saw the program and have enquiries as a result, I’ll have to ask them.

We tend to get quite a few enquiries in the autumn which I always smile at, as the days are shorter, the temperature is cooler and the wind is....often like today.

That said, it gives people the winter to prepare, get a few training flights and then crack on in the spring.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CADMA
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Do you use a throttle kill switch?
Q: This refers to electric-powered models but do you use a throttle kill switch?

Yes
 No
 Sometimes
 Rarely

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us