Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Increased membership?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
SIMON CRAGG13/10/2018 04:27:24
575 forum posts
5 photos

Has anybody seen an increase in membership / inquiries, as a result of "Battle of Britain Model Sqn"?. As club sec. I am keen to encourage newcomers / returners into the hobby. Trouble is, since a lot of our local model shops have closed we are not getting the interest we once had.

cymaz13/10/2018 05:59:30
9252 forum posts
1195 photos

None as yet. We have more enquirers from people wanting to return to flying now the offspring have left home.

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator13/10/2018 08:54:12
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Yes we have. We have a father and son pair have joined giving the programme as at least the partial motivation.

We've also had a few new members on here giving the model Battle of Britian as a reason for them turning what already has been an interest into action.

So, some sucess, but limited so far. And I think that is to be expected. Now if the was a follow up programme I tibk we would start to see bigger numbers and so on.

BEB

john stones 113/10/2018 09:14:52
11513 forum posts
1516 photos

Oddly enough, we always pick new members up this time of year.

Former Member13/10/2018 10:07:10

[This posting has been removed]

James Green213/10/2018 10:25:10
56 forum posts
16 photos

Lucky enough to have my own flying field, but I have seen a definite increase in interest from moles and rabbits since the program was broadcast, not a coincidence surely.

Former Member13/10/2018 10:37:47

[This posting has been removed]

ChrisB13/10/2018 10:40:36
1220 forum posts
34 photos

We’ve had 2 enquiries. One who dabbled years ago and one raw novice. I’m not sure if they saw the program and have enquiries as a result, I’ll have to ask them.

We tend to get quite a few enquiries in the autumn which I always smile at, as the days are shorter, the temperature is cooler and the wind is....often like today.

That said, it gives people the winter to prepare, get a few training flights and then crack on in the spring.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
CML
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!