By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Cylinder head Damage

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Keat05/10/2008 20:44:00
40 forum posts

I bought my model 2 weeks ago, second hand, Irivine 40 Tutor with Irvine 53 2 stroke.

I had a really good day at the club today, It seems, everyone is happy for me to fly solo, with an instructor by my side.. no buddy leads.. And also did my first loop today..

Anyway, we had a few teething problems, with smooth running. My instructor had a dead stick whilst getting it ready for me. He brought it in safely, and all the guys stood around, trying to figure out what went wrong.

They found the glow plug a little loose, changed the prop, tweaked the mixture, and took her up again.

We had a number of successful sessions.

When I got it home, I noticed that one of the outer fins on the head is missing... not sure whether it was like this when I bought it.. I'm 95% sure it wasn't, and the metal looks cleaner than the rest of the head, so I can only deduce, that it happened today.

Any thoughts, how this could have happend, short of a knock with the socket set when they were messing with the plug.

Is it going to affect anything.. I guess in reality, its going to run a little hotter.

Is it worth me buying another head. ?

Thanks chaps.

Tim Mackey06/10/2008 09:56:00
20914 forum posts
304 photos
15 articles

I wouldnt worry about one cooling fin  missing. Ensure you keep running it slightly rich rather than lean ( good paractice anyway ) and it should be fine.

How did it happen ? who knows ....just fly and enjoy.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Motion RC
Slec
Revoc
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us