By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Hi From Bristol!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Jason Jones25/10/2018 20:01:15
5 forum posts

Hi all, after a 10 year break away from RC planes i'm finally getting back into the hobby!

I've recently built a Ultrafly Outrage 3d kit that I've had laying around for years! Had its maiden flight last Sunday in a local park which was a success!

Need to join a club in the Bristol area now, i can feel myself getting bitten by the bug!

Also have a Zagi slope soarer kit to build soon and will probably be heading out to Maes Knoll in the near future with it.

Currently experiencing an issue with my Futaba 6EXA transmitter see here if anyone can lend some advice.

Thanks,

Jason

Don Fry25/10/2018 20:51:17
3119 forum posts
38 photos

N,S,E,W Bristol?

Edit for comma spacings. Can't get the staff nowadays.

Edited By Don Fry on 25/10/2018 20:53:00

cymaz26/10/2018 17:17:54
8195 forum posts
1134 photos

Bought a plane from a member of this club many years ago....nice guy and very helpful

Jon Robb26/10/2018 18:19:49
13 forum posts
2 photos

If you are in north Bristol then you could consider the Beaufort Model Flying Club, with three sites one should be fairly close to you.

Jason Jones26/10/2018 21:50:27
5 forum posts

I'm in east Bristol... Easton/ Redfield area.

Will look up those clubs. Thanks for the suggestions guys

Mike Etheridge 126/10/2018 23:55:43
1470 forum posts
407 photos

I have had to dispense with my 12 year old Futaba 6EXA transmitter as only part of the computerised programming menu became available and at least 50% was missing. I gathered that it was better to update my radio with 2.4 ghz gear but I have still retained some 35 mhz equipment.

My twin brother played rugby for Bristol 48 years ago !

Dave Cooper 327/10/2018 00:02:47
60 forum posts

Woodspring might be worth a look (nr Gordano). They do fabulous display days as well.

If you're thinking of going EDF / turbines in the future then they have that covered too.

Last I heard Beaufort have a waiting list (at least for their Badminton site)...

Regarding your Tx, I'm currently building up some RC test equipment - mainly for Futaba 35 MHz kit, so if the problem persists, I may be able to help. Got the builders in next week laying a new workshop floor etc. so, not for a while yet though.

As a first step, you could do a continuity /resistance check between the battery connector and the main RF board. If the Tx has been stored for quite some time with the battery in and connected, there is the possibility of some 'black-wire' corrosion. NiMh's don't normally suffer with memory problems but they do lose storage efficiency after a certain age.

Dave

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Revoc
CML
Overlander
Wings & Wheels 2018
Motion RC
electricwingman 2017
Airtek Hobbies
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us