Forum sponsored by CML

FrSky X6R EU LBT 6/16CH Receiver

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tim Ballinger29/10/2018 07:20:32
791 forum posts
287 photos

Pat,

With the RX8R pro I did not have to do anything other than the initial bind and telemetry was availible. I have not even seen anything resembling a discover sensors option in the telemetry menus of which there are 2, one for calibration of each sensor (min/max, warnings) and the other just manipulates the display settings.

I will check the TM cal pages again.

CardPerfect, not sure the Taranis set will help here as the Horus is somewhat different and the issue is no Tm at all , not even RSSI.

Tim

Trevor Crook29/10/2018 07:21:57
967 forum posts
69 photos

All I can contribute is that I am using an X6R with a QX7 tx on OpenTx and I get RSSI and rx voltage displayed, without having messed around with any jumpers. This suggests that the X6R sends telemetry by default, and it's just a matter of setting up the tx to receive/display it.

Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator29/10/2018 08:01:07
15748 forum posts
1460 photos

Well Martin for the X10 there is a 130 page PDF manual downloadable from FrSky. From them and others here are also hundreds, no thousands, of tutition videos. Surely that's enough support documentation for now Sonny?

What is needed by the user is engagement and for him to stop thinking they can ake a short-cut to knowlege by asking "how do I do this or that" All FrSky systems are very sophisticated and complexly interlinked. They are often ouside of the "run of te mill" - they reward careful systematic study.

BEB

SONNY MONKS29/10/2018 08:09:05
269 forum posts

yes i agree moderator,it seems to me you have to be somewhat of a computer engineer to work these frskys out lol,i have only been used to a basic set up and configuration for the past 18 months,i shall have to get reading!

Tim Ballinger29/10/2018 08:29:09
791 forum posts
287 photos

Problem here is that as far as I can see there is nothing in the Horus 10 manual to cover this issue . The bind process discussed above is the only point at which the Horus OS gives the option to turn TM on or off. Sonny had this set as on when he bound the Rx and the Rx jumpers were set as in the Rx manual.

So yes we helped out in pointing him through the manual but to no avail. The Rx bind should not require an IT expert.

Not personally looked for a utube video for this combination so it might be out there. I certainly had no issues when setting up the RX8R.

If Chris Bot achieved the Horus/X6R pairing then perhaps he can help when he comes on line.

Tim

SONNY MONKS29/10/2018 08:42:00
269 forum posts

Thanks for that tim,thats the whole reason why i asked for advise in the first place,i could not see that this issue was covered too.

Peter Christy29/10/2018 09:01:41
1820 forum posts

I would agree with Trevor. I've use a couple of X6Rs, and other than tell the Tx to display the output, I've never had to do anything else.

However, I'm using a Taranis with OpenTx, for which there is a wealth of experience. I would have no idea where to find the settings in FROS!

--

Pete

SONNY MONKS30/10/2018 17:50:35
269 forum posts

Im half way there,i have reound with telemerty on,i am now getting the RSSI DB reading,but no rx battery display!!

SONNY MONKS30/10/2018 17:51:04
269 forum posts

sorry rebound

Tim Ballinger30/10/2018 18:05:53
791 forum posts
287 photos

👍

Now you have someth8ng to work with.

Chris Bott - Moderator30/10/2018 18:21:18
6835 forum posts
1429 photos
1 articles
Sonny sorry I've missed all this. It sounds like you're very nearly there though.

Now you have RSSI showing, you have it bound with telemetry.

To get the Rx battery volts, the jumper needs to be in and connecting between the centre pin and the Rx voltage end. (i.e.
Leaving the GND pin disconnected).
SONNY MONKS30/10/2018 18:29:43
269 forum posts

Hi guys,I took the jumper out as i have been told it doesnt make a difference,but i will go put it back in now and let you know if this finally does start to show rx voltage,i hope you are right chris,be back soon gents.

Chris Bott - Moderator30/10/2018 18:44:57
6835 forum posts
1429 photos
1 articles
It should do as the centre pin is the telemetry input and one end pin is the Rx voltage.
SONNY MONKS30/10/2018 18:54:33
269 forum posts

Hi chris,its not coming through until i go into tel set up,when i put a ratio voltage,lets say 4.8,then it shows on the screen,should i have to do that,or should it come through without going into tel set up?

Chris Bott - Moderator30/10/2018 19:26:21
6835 forum posts
1429 photos
1 articles
I'm afraid I don't know enough about the FrSky Tx software to answer that one. Sorry.

In OpenTx the default is to have Rx volts showing, and the right ratio is already set to 13.2 to give the right reading.
Tim Ballinger30/10/2018 19:30:43
791 forum posts
287 photos

Sonny,

interesting. I checked my Rxbattery parameters in Telsetup and it has 4.0 for the ratio. I certainly never put in a value so I guess the RX8Rpro is clever enough to load it for you whereas the x6R is not/does not.

Sounds almost like a bottom of range value no idea why it is called ratio, perhaps Chris knows.however it seems like you are now up and running which is great.

Tim

Chris Bott - Moderator30/10/2018 19:46:26
6835 forum posts
1429 photos
1 articles
I can make a stab at a guess.

The actual chip inside is likely to only be able to measure up to a max of 3.3v so there has to be a voltage divider if you want to measure a higher voltage. This is usually just a couple of resistors. I seem to remember the Rx internal dividers have a 4:1 ratio. So when you connect 8v to the divider, 2v is applied to the chip.

So, at the display end, whatever the chip is measuring, you want that multiplying by 4 to take account of the divider.

That would explain a setting of 4 in the FrSky firmware.

(In OpenTx the same thing is expressed as the max voltage that can now be measured with the divider in place. With a 4:1 divider this is 3.3x4 which is 13.2
Tim Ballinger30/10/2018 19:59:56
791 forum posts
287 photos

Thanks Chris

Sounds like a pretty good guess to me !

SONNY MONKS31/10/2018 14:49:58
269 forum posts

Hi ,Yes ive put 4.00 in the ratio,and its transfered a voltage of 6.3 on the main screen.after a lot,i checked the voltage on the rx pack,with an additional voltage tester and it was as near as dam it,so im happy,even though its a 4.8v pack in it.

Tim Ballinger31/10/2018 16:57:18
791 forum posts
287 photos

Glad to hear all is well.

Think I would suggest getting the later series Rx next time you buy one though and avoid any more voyages of discovery!

Tim

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!