Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Park flying in/near Great Dunmow

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Luke A30/10/2018 17:02:27
8 forum posts

Hi All,

I’m looking for somewhere near or in Great Dunmow to fly, anyone know of any areas to park fly?? I’m becoming a member of Chingford model flying club but was looking for some where to go in the week if I finish work early

FastFlyer Smyth30/10/2018 18:10:38
309 forum posts
11 photos

Isn't that Enfield Model Flying Club who fly by the golf course in Chingford Luke ?? Or is there another one over that way ??

Edited By FastFlyer Smyth on 30/10/2018 18:11:07

flying pastor30/10/2018 18:52:47
15 forum posts

HI Luke, Do Not attempt to fly on any of the recreation areas in Great Dunmow..Model flying is banned in all of them. There is a club with a flying strip on a farm at Barnston. If you pm me I will give you the contact details

All the best...Chris..

Peter Miller30/10/2018 19:03:00
9743 forum posts
1152 photos
10 articles

Gosh! I sent a short time in Chingford.

Chingford plain used to be a huge mass of aeromodellers every Sunday. First time I came across model aircraft

I actually found a lost model in Epping Forrest.My mother wrote to the owner who collected it and gave me half a crown reward. I spent that in the Chingford Model Aerodrome on a solid model kit. I actually buit it. IT was my first model ever.

Of course that was a little while ago. I think 1945 or 46

On the subject of flying in Dunmow. They used to have a big recreation ground where we flew controlline but again, that was in the late 50s. It was on the other side of the road from the houses at the upper end of the market though no one complained about engines in those days

Luke A30/10/2018 19:18:08
8 forum posts

Thanks for your posts il PM you for details Chris. It’s the Chingford club that have access to the strip at chingford planes.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
Revoc
Motion RC
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Pepe Aircraft
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us