By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

November 1st

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Geoff Peacock31/10/2018 17:59:16
213 forum posts
69 photos

For those of you now concentrating on Christmas…

It's November 1st tomorrow, so don't forget to get the sprouts on to boil!

Don Fry31/10/2018 18:53:41
4557 forum posts
54 photos

Too many decisions, still contemplating electrocuting the trick or treat merchants.

Andrew76731/10/2018 18:54:26
809 forum posts
4 photos

Oh dear Geoff!!.....What i can't understand is that as a kid there used to 4yrs between Christmas's and now in my fifties there is only three months!!

Andrew

Andrew76731/10/2018 18:55:22
809 forum posts
4 photos

Don't contemplate Don....Just do it!!laugh

Don Fry31/10/2018 20:49:48
4557 forum posts
54 photos

A story from about 1980. I used to be plod. Now the town turned out about 7000 people onto the streets into an area 500 meters square, when the night clubs shut. It was mayhem.

The towns main post office was in this area. A bleak 1960s structure. Nestled next to it was a very elegant early Victorian house. Well maintained, with a large brass letterbox polished to shiny gold.

The owner got annoyed with the pondlife who urinated through the letterbox. Frequently.

He wired a copper plate to the mains, and put the plate a meter inside his front door. Pondlife urinate like fire engines, an age related thing.

I witnessed one such creature fly back from the area of the doorway, ascending, to crash back down in the road. His journey must have been 20 feet. By the time he regained consciousness the householder had been roused, cautioned in strong terms, plate no longer existed, and pondlife was in the back of a police van to casualty for his broken collar bone.

Pondlife was not informed, or ever knew about what didn't happen to him.

Ronaldo31/10/2018 22:15:21
273 forum posts
21 photos

Sounds like fair justice to me Don.

If some certain ''defensive methods'' were applied today by a person protecting his/her home or person, they would likely end up doing time at her majesty's pleasure, while the said 'pondlife' would be left free to carry on their obnoxious and criminal activities.

Sad state of affairs.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Subscribe now
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!