By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Which Set Should I buy

Easy to programme, Mid Range Price, Reliable.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
john stones 113/11/2018 17:03:45
10038 forum posts
1472 photos

Club mate has one Eric, I reckon you'll be happy with that set. yes

Tim Ballinger13/11/2018 17:05:03
486 forum posts
199 photos

Reckon you will find it does everything you want Eric. I still use my flash 7 even though I also have the Horus.

Enjoy.

Tim

Stearman6518/11/2018 13:11:35
361 forum posts
359 photos

After a frustrating couple of weeks selecting & ordering more electrical components, this morning I got around to powering up the complete Hitec Flash 8. I was going to wait until the lipos I'd ordered then partly cancelled arrived, so I could power the set as it was going to be in the Topmodel CZ Challenger. However, still no lipo, but I had bought a standard receiver battery & charger when i collected the set from Steve Webb. So this morning, instead of twiddling my thumbs I taxed my brain & connected the 6 servos, the switch & the nicad battery. Read & re read the book of words, I powered the tranny, (I had previously set the model type & configuration to mode 1), & went into bind mode. Pressed & held the bind button on the receiver & switched on the receiver power, eureka, it worked. All servos functioning. No point bothering with a range check yet.surprise Quite pleased that after an 11 year layoff, I could still cut the new complicated stuff.

Just have to get the gear together to couple up the lipo, when it arrives, the esc & the motor, I still need a lipo charger, soldering iron, solder, servo cable, heat shrink, connectors, the list is endless.thinking

BTW The Stinson kit is active on ebay, 70+ hits 2 watchers but no bids. sad

**LINK**

ht2.jpg

sr1.jpg

ken anderson.18/11/2018 13:45:24
8229 forum posts
762 photos

good luck from me with your asking price also,if you do get it...….it proves there is someone up there watching over us modellers..

ken anderson....ne....1..watching over us dept.

Stearman6518/11/2018 14:18:35
361 forum posts
359 photos

You may or may not believe it, but someone on the LMA site offered me £800, my costs to date if I would build the other wing & the flaps & ailerons. Then after re- reading the add realised he had to come 200 miles to collect it twice as I needed the first wing collected before starting the second. Unfortunately he withdrew his offer.sad

The price isn't fixed, it's open to offers!!!!

Stearman6521/11/2018 14:29:40
361 forum posts
359 photos

I'm known for looking after my possessions, so I looked around for a case for the Hitec Flash 8 transmitter. I found 2 both on Ebay, one actually said Hitec on it, but was 25mm shallower than the Logic case I eventually bought, I emailed the seller of the Hitec case to ask if the Flash 8 would fit, he assured me it would. But after measuring the F8 which has a protruding handle, I decided the Logic case was better, although it was £4 more expensive. It arrived this morning, packed in a box inside a box & I'm very happy with it. It came with 2 keys & a shoulder strap from RED LINE RC on Ebay.

f:0">https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Logic-RC-Single-Transmitter-Case-345x235x120mm-T-LGAL01/202455288507?hash=item2f23468abb:g:86EAAOSwXW9bskRP:rk:1f:0

lc1.jpg

lc2.jpg

lc3.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2018
CML
Expo Tools 14 July
Motion RC
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Overlander
Airtek Hobbies
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us