By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

What is going on with Royal Mail ??????????

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
cymaz14/11/2018 06:49:23
9041 forum posts
1189 photos

I worked at DPD for 26 years! I will say that those drivers work damn hard.

You try and find a house with no number, no name on the house ( or it’s covered in weeds and brambles)....” well everyone around here knows where WE live”..no neighbours, customer gave incorrect phone number.

I’ve had all these things happen. And you still have 40 deliveries....not packets, deliveries!

Give them a thought this Christmas gift

Ron Gray14/11/2018 07:48:05
1707 forum posts
479 photos

I must admit that even living out in the sticks I very rarely have problems with RM, Parcel Force or any other courier service. As I see it the problems tend to be due to post codes which, as mentioned above, cover several properties, in my case ours covers about 10. The sooner they change to What3Words instead of post codes the better as that will give direct property location.

Piers Bowlan14/11/2018 07:54:49
2052 forum posts
53 photos

Always an excellent service from DPD round here. Courteous and friendly deliverymen and never had a parcel go astray with them - so far. Our RM postie is always a very jolly chap. I joke with him that he should get his red van souped-up with wide wheels, turbo and a spoiler, he is always clearly in a hurry! When I was a student I had a temporary job delivering parcels round the West end of London in a panel van. No sat-nav, just an 'A to Z' and parking where I shouldn't to make each drop - all very stressful!

ken anderson.14/11/2018 08:23:14
8557 forum posts
776 photos

3 cheers for the royal mail lads from me,ok occasionally we don't get the delivery as we want it but i'm happy with their service at the price.

DPD...again a thumbs up for them,two weeks ago I missed the delivery by 5 mins,with a card in the door saying they would call next day.i phoned the local office and asked could I catch up with the driver and collect my parcel,i was put on hold ,then was told he was at the other end of our town and it wouldn't be possible,so next day it had to be.

anyway a couple of hours later a knock at the door ,the driver had called back knowing I was at home....all good and 100% happy customer.... well done that man..

ken anderson...ne...1...happy customer dept.

Andy Palmer20/11/2018 11:17:41
259 forum posts
111 photos

When my latest 'toy' from HK arrived yesterday the Parcel Force chap said "I don't seem to have been here for ages". To me that means I'm not ordering nearly enough stuff, although my wife says different!

Parcel Force have always delivered within the one hour time slot shown on the app and I've got to know the driver well enough for a brief chat, another happy customer

Have also had good service from DPD, Hermes etc although their drivers always seem to be in much more of a rush. I feel sorry for them, always under pressure and trying their best but not always managing to keep all the customers happy.

Nigel R20/11/2018 11:50:00
3518 forum posts
540 photos
Another "can't deliver" card from RM this morning.

I've been in and up since half six.

He did not even try to get a signature.

Sorry to any RM fans but I don't rate them. Average at best.

I appreciate that lots depends on your regular postie and some are great but it's seems not to be. Perhaps RM expect too much.

On the sending side of things I've not had great results from them either.

DPD have been excellent for us. Collect plus also. Hermes working well (amazon) too. just RM.
trebor20/11/2018 12:16:31
1926 forum posts
216 photos

A few days ago we had an empty envelope delivered inside a plastic bag with a label on apologizing for missing contents and that it was not there fault laugh angry 2 Well I would like to know who`s fault it was for letting the envelope get wet and crumpled in the first place.

I know what you need to do Nigel and thats put SUPER GLUE on the door matt so the postman cant get away quick yes

Percy Verance20/11/2018 13:55:59
8108 forum posts
155 photos

Since moving to a smallish rural village I've had no problems at all with Royal Mail. That said we have a postman for whom the village has been his round for 41 years. He often goes the extra mile ( like signing for registered'special delivery items himself and leaving them in arranged safe places like sheds and garages). He knows he could get into serious trouble for doing this, but he knows it saves his customers an awful lot of hassle, as they won't need to drive into the local town to collect their parcels. He gets cups of tea offered on his round plus free fruit & veg from those in the village whom have green fingers. It's a taste of how it used to be for many, but obviously this sort of thing won't be commonplace anymore.

He's retiring in a few months time, and a good few of the villagers are organising a *do* for him in the village hall. He's been Showing his replacement the ropes of recent times, and we're hoping for a continuation of most of the little perks we got previously. I guess we'll see though.....

Edited By Percy Verance on 20/11/2018 14:00:47

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
Cambridge Gliding Club
CADMA
Wings & Wheels 2019
electricwingman 2017
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us