Forum sponsored by CML

Drone Racing on Eurosport.

Drone Racing.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Cuban815/11/2018 14:33:28
3163 forum posts
1 photos

If you have access to Eurosport, they're covering Drone Racing over the next few days. All clever stuff and I couldn't do it to save my life, but does it make good viewing? Tends to make me feel a bit sick after a while.

One of those sports that's better to take part in rather than to be a spectator, possibly? They were racing around a castle in Eastern Europe this morning - very impressive. Loved the way the machines took up a sort of tipped forward 'get set' position at the start.

Edited By Cuban8 on 15/11/2018 14:36:13

Nigel R15/11/2018 15:51:29
4406 forum posts
717 photos

Destined to be a niche sport, clearly.

Impossible to tell who is who without the helpful position guide they overlay on the footage.

But, its things that fly, using RC, getting airtime on TV... there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Seeing the pilots eye view, I think, crikey, they all have some skill and reactions.

Geoff S15/11/2018 16:25:42
4033 forum posts
68 photos

I've discontinued my Eurosport subscription because I only have for the cycling coverage but I saw some drone racing coverage before it expired. It isn't a spectator sport in my opinion. It's extremely skillful and there's no way I could do it but I bet it's huge fun when you're directly involved. I think it's a bit like F3A (aerobatic) competition - very skillfull, very enjoyable to do but rather boring to watch.

Geoff

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
CML
Sussex Model Centre
Slec
Subscribe now
electricwingman 2017
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
NEW POLL - has the pandemic altered your event safety perceptions?
Q: Has the covid pandemic deterred you from attending shows and events in 2021?

No, I'll be attending just as many as I usually do
 No, but I'll choose my event with greater care
 Yes, I'll attend fewer events going forward
 Yes, I wont attend any where previously I have

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!