Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Mysterious old radio

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

jonryan18/11/2018 10:23:39
155 forum posts
12 photos

Anyone know anything about the one on the left??

alec james18/11/2018 16:13:39
30 forum posts

RCP were I think made in Kidderminster in the late '60's early '70's if I remember correctly,

I still have one of these single channel Tx's. stored somewhere. At the time there was a very small model shop in Hereford run by an Ian Mowbray and I am sure he had something to do with RCP but in what capacity I have no idea.

Richard Harris18/11/2018 17:36:05
1991 forum posts
1823 photos
Just asked my dad and the RCP one was made in Radford Avenue, Kidderminster. There were two gents but my dad can only remember one name and that is John Mountain. One of the guys was a school teacher and the pupils helped solder up the boards. They went on the manufacture proportional radio called Delta. My dad still has a Delta set.

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 18/11/2018 17:37:03

Edited By Richard Harris on 18/11/2018 17:37:26

Bob Cotsford18/11/2018 17:53:00
7732 forum posts
431 photos

I had one of the RCP single channel sets in the mid to late 60s. It was supposedly in command when my Mercury Matador went AWOL from Sutton Park. It worked well with motorised servos especially in model boats. I eventually cut holes in the blue anodised case to fit a pair of stick units when I built a Microtrol design for 4 channel propo.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
Slec
Motion RC
CML
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2018
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us