Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

PMC Tucano 56"

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dusty09/10/2008 21:21:00
1632 forum posts
560 photos

Well with my never ending fettish of the Tucano I purchased this kit for (something diffterent) to the Phoenix Tucano etc... we wont go there

Designed for a 40-60 size or lecky conversion I have choosen to go the "stinker oily" route again as leckingfying the model would be a big deep reach into the pocket so I setteled to power it with a SC 61.

Kit is very well packed, all hardware included expcept the fuel tank and engine mount, quality is good, overall impressed, leaves options to put your own scheme on the model from day 1 of building so thats a bonus. The model can have fixed or retracts fitted, I purchased some mechanical retracts for it as well...

I guess the main aim of this thread is I need HELP with the installation of the retrcats!! The manual is very limited and only written for a bog standard build, hopefully someone has this model with retracts fitted and can give me some measurements/pics etc to see how they have done it to keep weight down etc... and I dont fancy hackking fibreglass and balsa away before things are set in stone!

here so pics so long of the progress!

http://www.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/31310/Emphanage_(2)_1_1_0.jpg

Fire wall trimmed and dry fitted, exhausts made and sprayed
http://www.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/31310/Emphanage_(3)_1.jpg

Pilots from Phoenix Tucano are reencarnated and repainted for a new life!

http://www.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/31310/Emphanage_1.jpg

Tailplane, elevator and rudder shaped and dry fitted!
Anjay O11/02/2014 12:25:10
10 forum posts
5 photos

Hi, can anyone please help!

I have a Peterborough model centre Tucano, 40-60 size fibreglass fuselage tail plane with engine, its pretty old and the shop has long gone now. Aerotech that may of been the manufacture also gone..

I have been trying to get hold of a set of wings for it. Does anyone know were to get one? or have a spare wing the wish to sell? or even a low wing foam core close to the shape of a Tucano wing it that can be modified.....! The original is apparently 56" span & 11" cord width at the centre tapering off to the tips. few inches more span would be ok...

oh also need a canopy!

seems a shame to ditch it the rest of it...

any help will be much appreciated.

thanks,

A.Otucano.jpg

Dan Walmsley24/04/2019 18:39:30
1 forum posts

Hi I know this was a few years ago now, but I have that same model as Anjay and I was able to get wings, canopy, etc from **LINK**

Its not listed on the site, but if you email them, they will sort you out.

BTW Anjay, if you sill have yours and didnt finish it, id happily take it off your hands, get in touch dan at walms dot co dot uk

gangster24/04/2019 21:32:59
915 forum posts
16 photos

Anjay. I got a new canopy for mine from Vortex Vacforms. They are on the web

Anjay O27/04/2019 00:37:13
10 forum posts
5 photos

Hi I forgot about this post. But Thanks for info, I did get the wing and canopy sorted but I can't remember the company. I have since sold on the model. Thanks anyway 👍

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Motion RC
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us