Forum sponsored by CML

DX7 - Mixing issue?

Simulating a two channel two stick "car" TX

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dave Bran22/11/2018 11:36:28
1898 forum posts
5 photos

I rarely have to wrestle a Spektrum TX these days and I'm stuck!

I have to hand a couple of "Whoover" micro hovercraft using quad parts that came from old NanoQX quads. The FC board cannot be programmed. I have a couple of DX7 and a DX6i spare.

I want the steering on the right stick (aileron) but the quad "steering" is on the Rudder channel so left stick along with throttle. I'd prefer the rudder stick to be disabled too if possible so it does NOT affect steering, so the Tx operates like a two stick two channel car Tx.

Easy Eh? Just do a Mix, like I have done on Taranis and Horus with no problems. Let's say just to do the two DX7 so only dealing with one type. Well, NO, I have not been able to do it so far.

It has to be me, so how can it be achieved please?

John Lee22/11/2018 14:49:21
643 forum posts
47 photos

Depends what generation your Dx7 is but it's quite straightforward with the present software using 2 Mixs.

In Function Mix>Mixing:

Mix Ail>Rud 100% Left & Right

this operates the rudder output with the Aileron stick

then

Mix Rud>Rud Rate -100% (Minus 100%) Left & Right.

This disables the Rudder Stick output, but leaves the Rudder operating on the Aileron stick.

Edited By John Lee on 22/11/2018 14:52:18

Frank Skilbeck22/11/2018 15:42:19
4418 forum posts
101 photos

On the Dx6i, do the same Ail>Rud mix and then in the dual rate menu set the rudder control to a very low value, I did 1%. On the servo monitor the aileron stick now moves the rudder channel and the rudder stick doesn't.

Dave Bran22/11/2018 21:17:15
1898 forum posts
5 photos

Thanks Gents. The mix John was exactly what I had done, so that bit wasn't me.

What WAS me (though I don't know how) was that somehow or other the Aileron dual rate was set to 0%.............

DOH!!!!

Dave Bran22/11/2018 21:19:53
1898 forum posts
5 photos

OH, and the DX7 involved is the earliest possible one (they both are). One was given to me with no antenna cover and now sports a pen top!!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Addlestone Models
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us