Forum sponsored by CML

Best Heating Option For Your Hobby Shed

Itís Fantastic

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Martin McIntosh12/01/2019 19:36:48
2776 forum posts
1037 photos

If I really wanted to I may be able to fix it but why should I have to? One end of the base plate is well and truly squashed nearly flat and could not easily be straightened out with what I have (have tried). Some of the clips are mangled too. Will await a response from PP. Could do with it working right now.

Did you get a figure for posting it back to China Please?

PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap12/01/2019 19:54:53
856 forum posts
112 photos

Engine doctor - Hi Phill I’m glad you have got yours OK and as for fitting it as you say you’ve not much room I can never believe as after tackling Jans craft cabin which had no extra room at all I think any other installation would be a pushover. I just about had enough room to push things aside and then slide the heater in... Not only has the wife got a bigger craft cabin than me she has so much more in it... Take a look

Martin Harris12/01/2019 20:44:47
8473 forum posts
212 photos

Martin - I can quite understand your wanting to get this resolved properly - while I'm not averse to fixing small defects for my own convenience, there comes a point where the seller has to take responsibility. Rather than Paypal, might it not be better to contact Ebay - especially as the seller appears to be contravening their policies:

Who pays postage for eBay returns?

Whatever the reason for a return, as long as it’s requested within the appropriate time frame, you have to refund the original postage costs. Who pays the cost of returning an item depends on the situation:

• If the item is returned because it's faulty, not as described, or damaged in the post, the seller has to pay return postage costs.
  • However, if the buyers want to return the item for any other reason within 14 days, they have to pay to send it back (as long as you made this clear in your listing).
  • If you have to pay the return postage costs and use an eBay label the cost will be included on your next monthly seller invoice as a fee.

You might be offered a partial refund as an alternative to returning the heater- this might be worth considering. I bought a machine vice recently which came with the wrong sized handle...the seller didn't want to open another box and send me the correct one, offered to get one sent by the manufacturer with a 20 to 30 day leadtime - or would I like a 50% rebate? This is an attractive offer as I'm sure I can knock something up - or use a spanner - so I'm close to accepting it although up to this point I've been insisting on the correct item.

Martin McIntosh12/01/2019 21:14:00
2776 forum posts
1037 photos

MH, I don`t think that this one was listed on ebay, at least my purchase history does not show it.

I bought it from a UK seller so where it was shipped from is none of my concern and EU law says that the return postage for a faulty item has to be paid by the seller. Mind you, try telling that to HobbyKing.

If they offered me a substantial part refund I could get someone with the right gear to bash it back into shape.

PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap18/01/2019 14:53:47
856 forum posts
112 photos

Latest - Four button remote control...

Gary Manuel18/01/2019 16:32:24
1829 forum posts
1507 photos

Mine's the same type of remote as yours.

Took me a while to find out how to pair it.

PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap18/01/2019 18:17:27
856 forum posts
112 photos

Hi Gary. Thats the reason I made this video as there was no information around on paring the remote unit to the heater so I hope this video helps others.

Regards Peter

Martin McIntosh18/01/2019 19:43:02
2776 forum posts
1037 photos

I am still having a ding dong with PP who say that they are awaiting a response from me whereas it is the other way round. Eventually they told me that they can pay up to £15 for a return but the seller`s deadline for posting is tomorrow. They would not budge on this and advised me to try Visa. Easy to get hold of and I got much more sense from them. The transaction has now been removed from my a/c and am now awaiting a form from them to make a full claim including collection of the damaged item if the seller so wishes.

PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap20/01/2019 23:00:28
856 forum posts
112 photos

Hi Martin. Glad to hear your money is safe but shame you have not got the heater...

onetenor21/01/2019 02:33:19
1890 forum posts

There is a click box on PP to claim return postage charges. Need to send them on line copy of postal receipt.

Martin McIntosh21/01/2019 09:36:30
2776 forum posts
1037 photos

I am awaiting a form in the post from Visa as this seems the easiest route. The debit has been put on hold for fifteen days while I respond, and if the seller then does not bother to arrange collection I gain a bent heater.

Engine Doctor21/01/2019 09:45:41
2205 forum posts
20 photos
Posted by PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 18/01/2019 18:17:27:

Hi Gary. Thats the reason I made this video as there was no information around on paring the remote unit to the heater so I hope this video helps others.

Regards Peter

Hi Peter. I was supplied the same remote but just pressed the buttons an it worked ? Already paired. Using heater with pipes poked under the garage door at the moment. Even with the draught it still make the temperature bearable and should be far better when properly installed.

Ps. Where do you get your red diesel from ?

PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap21/01/2019 10:07:12
856 forum posts
112 photos

Martin - you might end up with a heater for free - I’m sure you could patch it up. You won’t be the first. I think the Chinese do not pack items very well for international shipping hence the damage on delivery. It is common for the base legs to get bent but are easily straightened out and with my two and one I ordered for a friend (total 3) the same leg was bent a bit on all three but it was only thin tin plate so no problem bending it back with pliers and as they were going in sheds I was not worried about a bit of paint damage caused by the pliers I used to straighten out... only other thing if it’s had a hard journey is to inspect it but if it was all there at despatch you should be able to get it working —-and if it works out being free what a lucky bunny you will be - he he.smiley

PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap21/01/2019 10:14:55
856 forum posts
112 photos

Hi Phill. Hire shops sell 20 litre containers for use on their hired building machinery like diggers and excavators. At the moment I have been able to use a friends as he has been having some work done and added 40 litres onto his order for me but unless I can find a supply it will have to be from a garage next time but I’m keeping my fingers crossed I can get a supply - up the Medway they must do it for vessels but nothing in Queenborough - shame. Has yours come? How is yours running? You pleased? Regards Peter

Tony Harrison 221/01/2019 12:05:35
233 forum posts
3 photos

I'm fascinated by the idea of using a diesel-powered heater, though it seems an extreme solution, and in my case wholly impractical. I can't see many people going down that road.

After spending the best part of three grand last year turning my refrigerator-cold garage into a decent workshop, I probably wouldn't have considered it necessary to spend loads of money on heating! I dry-lined the lot, properly battened at 40cm centres, with Gtech insulation board then Celotex on the ceiling, and a high-tech insulated (and shockingly expensive) new door from Germany. I just bought a £20 el-cheapo convector heater, and having that on for less than half an hour beforehand makes my workshop as cosy as I want it. Wish I'd done all this years ago...

rgds Tony

Martin Harris21/01/2019 12:09:19
8473 forum posts
212 photos

Try a local heating oil supplier - we have red diesel supplied by one for our club tractor and generator and we were told it's identical. Funnily enough, I'm intending buying a container full of red diesel from one today!

PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap21/01/2019 12:32:50
856 forum posts
112 photos

Hi Martin - the main difference is there is hardly any tax on red diesel and at 65p litre that’s what talks...

PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap21/01/2019 12:51:51
856 forum posts
112 photos

Hi Tony. Glad your happy with your conversion. Read this today which was interesting and had some photos of his very neat installation but not east to post here unless out of your album but interesting read:as he has insstalled it to heat a conservatory- As you all know i'm sold on mine and the wife's heater installation and the wife is using her craft cabin more and more now there is good heating which is why I posted the video.

NAME REMOVED
From previous experience 2 x 2kw electric fan heaters do similsr job but would cost 31p per hr to run.
Oil central heating on but needs to be boosted alot to keep conservatory warm but pointless as heating whole house to keep conservatory warm when hardly in rest of house and it holds its heat anyway.
Extra central heating would have cost approx 41p per hour / £4.10.
Happy with results and worth the effort ;">😃
Already got one in the van cant fault these for the price
PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap21/01/2019 13:18:13
856 forum posts
112 photos

This bit should have been before the last bit I cut and pasted but for some reason it did not paste the full bit so here is the bit that was missed out...

Had the 8kw (prob just a 5kw rebadged) installed properly for over a week now running off a 240v to 12v converter 2x10litre tanks and insulated hot air piping since pic. From Wed night to Fri night it was on for 31hrs keeping a 30m2 conservatory (approx 85m3) at a constant 21 to 23 degrees C.
It used 12 litres of kero costing £6.60.
Today topped it back up, played with settings 10hrs later used 2 litres so £1.10 or 0.2ltr per hr / 11p an hr. Still at constant 21/23 degrees.
From previous CONTINUES ON ABOVE POST...

PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap21/01/2019 13:24:15
856 forum posts
112 photos

As a footnote the only issue I can really see is the longevity of the units which of course is the unknown however as they are copies of existing well know heaters that have been around for years the design is well proved.

Back up parts are on eBay, Banggood and AliExpress which was also why I eventually ordered and so far I don't regret it.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
Motion RC
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us