Forum sponsored by CML

Best Heating Option For Your Hobby Shed

Itís Fantastic

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Martin McIntosh12/01/2019 19:36:48
2633 forum posts
974 photos

If I really wanted to I may be able to fix it but why should I have to? One end of the base plate is well and truly squashed nearly flat and could not easily be straightened out with what I have (have tried). Some of the clips are mangled too. Will await a response from PP. Could do with it working right now.

Did you get a figure for posting it back to China Please?

PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap12/01/2019 19:54:53
822 forum posts
109 photos

Engine doctor - Hi Phill I’m glad you have got yours OK and as for fitting it as you say you’ve not much room I can never believe as after tackling Jans craft cabin which had no extra room at all I think any other installation would be a pushover. I just about had enough room to push things aside and then slide the heater in... Not only has the wife got a bigger craft cabin than me she has so much more in it... Take a look

Martin Harris12/01/2019 20:44:47
8097 forum posts
205 photos

Martin - I can quite understand your wanting to get this resolved properly - while I'm not averse to fixing small defects for my own convenience, there comes a point where the seller has to take responsibility. Rather than Paypal, might it not be better to contact Ebay - especially as the seller appears to be contravening their policies:

Who pays postage for eBay returns?

Whatever the reason for a return, as long as it’s requested within the appropriate time frame, you have to refund the original postage costs. Who pays the cost of returning an item depends on the situation:

• If the item is returned because it's faulty, not as described, or damaged in the post, the seller has to pay return postage costs.
  • However, if the buyers want to return the item for any other reason within 14 days, they have to pay to send it back (as long as you made this clear in your listing).
  • If you have to pay the return postage costs and use an eBay label the cost will be included on your next monthly seller invoice as a fee.

You might be offered a partial refund as an alternative to returning the heater- this might be worth considering. I bought a machine vice recently which came with the wrong sized handle...the seller didn't want to open another box and send me the correct one, offered to get one sent by the manufacturer with a 20 to 30 day leadtime - or would I like a 50% rebate? This is an attractive offer as I'm sure I can knock something up - or use a spanner - so I'm close to accepting it although up to this point I've been insisting on the correct item.

Martin McIntosh12/01/2019 21:14:00
2633 forum posts
974 photos

MH, I don`t think that this one was listed on ebay, at least my purchase history does not show it.

I bought it from a UK seller so where it was shipped from is none of my concern and EU law says that the return postage for a faulty item has to be paid by the seller. Mind you, try telling that to HobbyKing.

If they offered me a substantial part refund I could get someone with the right gear to bash it back into shape.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Gliders Distribution
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2018
Slec
Motion RC
CML
Overlander
Airtek Hobbies
Revoc
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?
Q: Which part of building a new traditional balsa aeroplane do you enjoy the most?

Research & choosing the model
 Building the fuselage
 Installing the engine and radio systems
 Building the flying surfaces
 Covering/painting/finishing
 All of it!
 None of it. I'd rather someone else did it!
 Other

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us