By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Banggood.com

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
SONNY MONKS15/12/2018 09:22:33
269 forum posts

This is a good site for some products for the hobby,with postage included in the price,it seems too good to be true,but it is,as i have received my orders,may take a while for the delivery,but its worth the wait,if you are in no rush for them,of course,an example,ten velcro straps,£2.49,including postage,youl struggle to get that in the uk!!

Ron Gray15/12/2018 09:24:22
2226 forum posts
978 photos

Also try AliExpress and GearBest

Former Member15/12/2018 09:26:00
724 forum posts

[This posting has been removed]

SONNY MONKS15/12/2018 09:32:14
269 forum posts

Hi,Not so keen,i am surprised there supertigrefan,i also purchased a strap bracket for my TX,£1.72,ALLUMINIUM,in a choice of colours,including postage,good quality,its a no brainer,if you ask me!! i couldnt find one cheaper on our home soil,rip off britain!!!

SONNY MONKS15/12/2018 09:39:36
269 forum posts

Yes ron ive checked those sites,im surprised some of the uk site may struggle with the prices the overseas are charging for some of the products,i knew a computer would come in handy at some point lol!

Geoff S15/12/2018 10:14:23
3689 forum posts
29 photos

I've bought a lot of stuff from Banggood.

I had a problem earlier this year with an Eachine E013 quad I bought which included all the FPV kit for around £50. The goggles and camera worked fine but the transmitter (a fairly primitive device) didn't bind to the quad. I received no response to my complaint, which upset me a little. However a club mate suggested I checked my spam filter which is at my ISP's site and there the responses were (why they hadn't come through to my email, I don't know). Anyway they sorted it out by sending me a new quad and transmitter. It was the transmitter at falt, so I've ended up with a spare quad. A very satisfactory resolution.

The only problem with BG as opposed to HK is that it's all in China and so delivery is relatively slow - around 3 weeks but it does eventually arrive.

Geoff

rcaddict15/12/2018 10:19:03
530 forum posts
2 photos

i use them often - but beware you will pay duty over £15

edit

use the promo codes

Edited By oldgit on 15/12/2018 10:23:30

Former Member15/12/2018 10:37:01
724 forum posts

Ron Gray15/12/2018 11:04:44
2226 forum posts
978 photos

The problem is that it’s usually the £ in the wallet that dictates the purchase.

SONNY MONKS15/12/2018 11:04:46
269 forum posts

Most people rely on bargains,especially in this day and age of been overcharged,supporting your own economy is fine,if you are comfortable,financially,but the way i see it,people in the real world are getting poorer,the working poor to be excact!

Bruce Collinson15/12/2018 11:10:25
541 forum posts

I’m with STF on this, it’s a race to the bottom. We’re being seduced into the myth that the cheapest is probably the best and my conscience is nattering at me with the behaviour of the Chinese state.

BTC

SONNY MONKS15/12/2018 11:10:45
269 forum posts

totally agree with you ron,il second that.

SONNY MONKS15/12/2018 11:12:14
269 forum posts

I did start the thread with SOME Products,not all!!

SONNY MONKS15/12/2018 11:14:42
269 forum posts

you must admit bruce,most people have very little disposable income left,after they have been robbed by paying there living expences,gas,elec,etc,we need china.

Former Member15/12/2018 11:44:16

Geoff S15/12/2018 12:50:54
3689 forum posts
29 photos
Posted by supertigrefan on 15/12/2018 10:37:01:

That depends on if you're interested in the cheapest price or if you're more interesting in supporting your own economy.

You tell me a UK manufacturer of the stuff I buy from either HK or BG then I'll buy what they make. There are no longer any model shops anywhere near me either despite the amount of money I (mostly gladly) directed into their cash tills.

Geoff

SONNY MONKS15/12/2018 13:19:11
269 forum posts

I agree andrew and geoff,also look at blackhorse and seagul models,could you imagine how much the models would be if they were made in the uk,The hobby would go BUST, look what we pay for them being maunufactured in vietnam,they would probably double the price if they were made here,i reckon the hobby would lose a lot of people,and clubs would close there gates,reminds me of that song by the specials,"Do you remember the good old days before the ghost town " haha.

SONNY MONKS15/12/2018 13:23:00
269 forum posts

just think how much more it would be if you were a glue sniffer hahaha.

Don Fry15/12/2018 13:33:27
4557 forum posts
54 photos
Posted by SONNY MONKS on 15/12/2018 13:19:11:

I agree andrew and geoff,also look at blackhorse and seagul models,could you imagine how much the models would be if they were made in the uk,The hobby would go BUST, look what we pay for them being maunufactured in vietnam,they would probably double the price if they were made here,i reckon the hobby would lose a lot of people,and clubs would close there gates,reminds me of that song by the specials,"Do you remember the good old days before the ghost town " haha.

Ye gods, we might have to make it. The prospect appals me. Must have a lie down.

Ben B15/12/2018 15:26:17
1432 forum posts
4 photos

I buy quite a lot of stuff from banggood. Stuff can arrive quickly if you choose the suitable shipping option, and if you select the tariff insurance they'll pay for any custom duties (though I suspect it doesn't include the courier's handling fees).

My first order (some FPV goggles) never arrived but they sent out a new set without argument which arrived quickly.

Their search engine isn't brilliant though- sometimes I have to exit and then "google banggood" what I'm looking for.

For some of the more esoteric quadcopter stuff you either have to go to Banggood or Gearbest there aren't any UK importers...

Some items it's a false economy as you can buy the same item for the same price from a UK vendor on Ebay. It's tempting to fall into the habit of assuming the Banggood price is the cheapest when it isn't always...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Support Our Partners
Slec
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!