Search for:  in Thread Title in  
FastFlyer Smyth01/01/2019 13:06:31
311 forum posts
12 photos

What awful news to start the new year. Very sad news indeed... RIP BEB

dan h01/01/2019 14:40:41
117 forum posts
36 photos
Very sad news. thankyou for all your contributions to this forum they have helped me alot! Rip dave
Robert Hay 401/01/2019 14:58:06
48 forum posts
6 photos

Really sad to hear this. I didnt know Dave apart from through his contributions to this forum but he seemed a clever and erudite guy who was passionate about RC flying. RIP Dave.

Dave G01/01/2019 15:22:02
36 forum posts
4 photos

Respect. RIP

Denis Watkins01/01/2019 15:57:28
4449 forum posts
113 photos

BEB, always the gentleman RIP

kc01/01/2019 16:29:16
6515 forum posts
173 photos

This is just awful news.

BEB's contribution to this forum and to RCME will be greatly missed.

Rob Ashley01/01/2019 16:29:47
256 forum posts
86 photos

Very sad news to hear of BEB's final flight. My sincere condolences to the family.

Simon Chaddock01/01/2019 17:07:54
5716 forum posts
3034 photos

My sincere condolences to his family.

He was a major contributor to this site for as long as I can remember.

Stephen Jones01/01/2019 17:39:38
2839 forum posts
1616 photos

This is very sad news,

As i missed him at the Don Valley Open Weekend,

And this was are last communication,

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 01/10/2018 19:23:14:

Oh, sorry I missed you too Stephen - still I'm sure there will be other chances to meet up!!

BEB

I am sure there will.wink

Steve.

My condolences to his family and friends, Sorry we will never get that meeting sad.

Steve

PatMc01/01/2019 17:39:49
4407 forum posts
530 photos

I was completely shocked when I read this sad news. Although we never met I've viewed Dave as a cornerstone of this forum since I joined. He was such a helpful & knowlegable contributer it's hard to imagine the forum without his ever welcome input.

My sincerest condolences to Dave's family.

Erfolg01/01/2019 21:26:32
11749 forum posts
1337 photos

As with the majority of people on this forum I had no idea that David was ill. I just thought he retired early, expecting him to have more time to write for the RCM&E, now no longer constrained by the Day Job.

I met David twice, as others, at Greenacres Fly-ins. On both occasions David encouraged me to fly at the event, as I was reluctant. Others have alluded to his generous, inclusive nature. Watching him on those days you could not but admire his enthusiasm and energy.

I remember a short piece he did on servo torque requirements, on control surfaces. Another piece on what determines the smallest loop that can be flown. I had hoped that he would turn his attention to DF science. Alas he will not be doing that now.

I do not know if David Liverpudlian or from the Wirral. I only know he flew at Arrow Park.

Like so many others I will miss the various contributions that he made to our hobby, I am sure that Liverpool University will feel very much the same as us, here.

My most sincere sympathies are with his family, as we all know for them the loss is very personal, affecting their lives in ways we can never truly appreciate.

Augusto01/01/2019 23:58:46
128 forum posts
58 photos

Very sad news.

Thank you BEB for your sympathy and for all the words you spend with us. Rest in peace.

Sincerest condolences to the family and close friends.

Augusto.

Devcon102/01/2019 00:03:21
1412 forum posts
493 photos

Very sad news.

I only met Dave once at a Greenacres event, he was such a welcoming and open man whose enthusiasm and energy was boundless and infectious.

I also had the pleasure of being told off by him on this forum. His insight, balance and ability to wade through arguments and make both sense and offer alternative views was a massive contribution to this forum. Whenever I saw a reply from BEB I knew it was well worth reading.

Can't imagine his family's loss.

fly-navy02/01/2019 00:23:38
422 forum posts
11 photos

Sad news indeed, condolences to his family. RIP.

David Gilder02/01/2019 01:54:26
1859 forum posts
673 photos

Just logged in for first visit of the year and been hit with this terribly sad news.

My thoughts and condolences to Dave's family and friends.

I got to know Dave initially like many through this amazing forum in his role as Admin, offering some of his apparently limitless knowledge and guidance to us mere mortals.

I also read his articles in the magazine and despite my then much lesser knowledge, I was able to understand them fully. Dave had a way of writing things so that anyone could understand them, even if you didn't know all the technical jargon!

It was in 2010 that I conversed with Dave as we drew up plans and launched the 2011 Webbit Mass Build. Little did we know then the Mass Build would not only continue annually, but would spread also into other disciplines such as the PSS Glider Guiders!

I only met Dave in person a handful of times, at Steve Webbs in Frodsham and at Greenacres, but a lasting impression was made of such a kind hearted and gentle soul.

I am sure everyone would agree that the world of RCM&E and model flying in general has lost one of its great contributors.

I shall raise my glass to you Dave.

Fly High In Heaven.

Save a space in the pits for us all!

Edited By David Gilder on 02/01/2019 01:55:41

Manish Chandrayan02/01/2019 02:29:55
641 forum posts
73 photos
Saddened to hear the news. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
onetenor02/01/2019 04:47:06
1901 forum posts

Such sad news any day. I lost Margaret in October as most of you will recall me posting so I know full well the sadness and loss. I never met Dave but he amused and educated me, Even his nom de guerre tickled my funny bone. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. Enjoy flying free mate ( even if ii RC) If you meet Marg on the field give her a hug for me. FIP mate (fly in peace) john/one tenor

Nigel R02/01/2019 06:53:04
3916 forum posts
678 photos

Sorry to hear this, Dave was so clearly a good guy and will be much missed on the forum. i never even knew he was ill. Condolences to his family at this time.

Nightflyer02/01/2019 12:23:05
206 forum posts

Very sad news to read today when I got to log on after the New Year celebrations and such sad news is not great to start the day. My deepest condolences to BEB's family and friends. While I had not met him he had responded to some of my posts and having read his thought him to be a great forum moderator but also very knowledgeable and experienced. I think David Ashby's opening post summed BEB up perfectly and he will be much missed by all who came into contact with him.

Frank Skilbeck02/01/2019 13:04:59
4734 forum posts
101 photos

He was a key contributor to the forum and will be missed. Condolences to his family and friends for their loss.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sussex Model Centre
electricwingman 2017
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!