Forum sponsored by CML

A bit of nostalgia

Veron Poster

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Muir04/01/2019 15:51:31
369 forum posts
1 photos

My Mini Robot built from an original plan for electric power with rudder and elevator. Flies well but the wings fold if you loop it repeatedly.mini robot.jpg

Geoff Sleath04/01/2019 16:49:24
3272 forum posts
251 photos
Posted by onetenor on 03/01/2019 17:32:43:

I don't recall Aero glue but have seen the name. It was Cascamite for me Again a powder and water. Good stuff.

It had the advantage of being waterproof and setting in low temperatures. I used it to deck a plywood dinghy hull one winter in a freezing cold concrete garage when there was no chance of epoxy ever curing.

Geoff

Peter Christy04/01/2019 17:07:08
1487 forum posts
Posted by John Muir on 04/01/2019 15:51:31:

My Mini Robot built from an original plan for electric power with rudder and elevator. Flies well but the wings fold if you loop it repeatedly.

Or even if you hold on the rudder too long!

My first successful RC flight was with a Mini-Robot, just over 50 years ago! MacGregor single channel radio and an Elmic sequential escapement. The first flight went fine, but on the second the escapement skipped, and the model entered a left hand spiral dive. I held on - convinced I was giving it right - until light dawned, and I let go.

The wings promptly folded!

I built a new one for the 50th anniversary of that flight, and flew it from the same location. But this one has SPRUCE spars!!! wink

--
Pete
John Muir04/01/2019 20:43:22
369 forum posts
1 photos

My original Mini Robot could only manage a few feet in a gentle right hand turn. The DC Bantam did its best but the weight of the model beat it. Doped nylon, Humbrol paint and fuel proofer all adds up! Seemed sturdy though.

I had a look and found one of those Veron leaflets from the OP that must have come with the kit. Never throw anything away. Must do a Cardinal or a Deacon some time.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Wings & Wheels 2019
Pepe Aircraft
Gliders Distribution
CML
Addlestone Models
Slec
electricwingman 2017
Cambridge Gliding Club
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us