Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

Any BT or similar engineers out there

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Martin Harris08/01/2019 17:05:51
8534 forum posts
214 photos

Kelly were subcontracting to Openreach a few years ago so probably still work on their behalf.

fly boy308/01/2019 23:01:47
3467 forum posts
18 photos

Thanks Martin.,I have seen their wagons around here for a while. Cheers

fly boy309/01/2019 17:28:31
3467 forum posts
18 photos

Update, unbelievable, we have had an email which they are now grovelling and blaming some random number generator for the cock up. All previous negotiations are null and void and a new application is to be used, and a date set for Jan 16. This will take us into the third month and seven attempts to re connect my phone line. Bob Burton give me the link to BT CEO, I have a good mind to forward the email to him. Cheers,  got to laugh or we will cry lol. We have also ben told that when (ha ha) we get connected our number will be  ...... and this turns out to be a code of an exchange in another town 20 miles away.   Words fail me.

Edited By fly boy3 on 09/01/2019 17:40:50

Rich too11/01/2019 06:39:25
2881 forum posts
1046 photos

BT/Openreach is a joke. No organisation. No communication between them. A shambles. It took us six months to get a dedicated line installed for our work internet.

Peter Christy11/01/2019 08:59:42
1422 forum posts

A couple of years back my wife was being seriously over-charged by HMRC on her income tax. I'm retired, and she only works part time, so shouldn't have been paying any tax at all, but was stuck on an "emergency code" which no-one seemed able to resolve.

I sent a letter to the head of HMRC, and copied it to my MP, pointing out that the likes of Vodaphone never seemed to have any problems getting tax matters resolved fairly promptly, so why couldn't we?

It was sorted in a week!

Conclusion: Talk to the organ grinder, not the monkey, and copy your MP in for good measure!

It worked wonders for us!

--

Pete

fly boy316/01/2019 12:46:41
3467 forum posts
18 photos

Update, as Rich too said above BT/Openreach are a joke. After waiting another 10days, they sent an engineer 35 miles to the house this morning. He told my daughter he had found the fault, but did not have the tools to do the job and left. She may have someone to do it today. Any bets lads. Cheers. As. I said before this now will be the eighth visit and we are into third month.

Peter Christy16/01/2019 13:48:56
1422 forum posts

You really do need to write to the Chairman of BT, complaining in the strongest possible terms - whilst remaining polite. Copy it to your MP.

You will be amazed at the results this kind of approach brings!

We in the UK tend not to complain very effectively, and there is an art to it! I learned it from my dad, bless him. Back in 1960, he bought a brand new Rover 3-litre - quite a prestigious car, back then. It was only a few months old when the steering box failed! After several weeks without a car (no "we'll lend you one, sir" back then) and a string of excuses about parts not being available, he wrote a personal letter to Sir Donald Stokes, whose Triumph organisation had just taken over Rover. A reply was received by return, and a new steering box - supposedly "unobtainable" - arrived at the garage a day after that.

If you are being messed about, go to the man at the top and kick up a fuss. Copy correspondence to your MP. In my experience this approach produces instant results!

--

Pete

fly boy316/01/2019 16:47:18
3467 forum posts
18 photos

Hi Peter, polite but strong email sent to CEO of Plusnet today. I agree ranting and raving will get you nowhere. Problem is that it is Openreach/BT seem to be causing the delay, and all we wanted was a phone line re connected.Thanks for your reply. Cheers

fly boy318/01/2019 11:49:28
3467 forum posts
18 photos

At last we have the phone line reconnected. Plus net informed us that bb will be up and running in 7 days time. We have told them that after waiting 10 weeks from original request for bb this is not acceptable. Cheers

Peter Christy18/01/2019 12:24:46
1422 forum posts

Well, at least things are finally moving! Nothing like writing to the person at the top to get the ball rolling!

I agree that that is terrible service, though! When I retired 5 years ago and moved back to the West Country, I opted for Plusnet as they had a very good record. This was prior to them being taken over by BT. It took a while to get everything connected and running, but we were too busy unpacking and settling in to our new home to notice much. The service has been reliable enough, and the BB speed is better than quoted - and about as good as I can reasonably expect given our distance from the cabinet (about 35MB/s). Not as good as the 100MB/s + that we got at our previous address, but that was fibre to the house. No chance of that down here!

I recommended Plusnet to my daughter when she moved down here, but like you, she suffered interminable delays and ended up going with someone else. The only quantum of solace I can offer is that I hear that BT themselves are even worse!!!

Makes a mockery of all their TV advertising, though, doesn't it?

--

Pete

Martin Harris18/01/2019 12:59:59
8534 forum posts
214 photos

Posted by Peter Christy on 18/01/2019 12:24:46:

When I retired 5 years ago and moved back to the West Country, I opted for Plusnet as they had a very good record. This was prior to them being taken over by BT.

Are those country years Pete? BT bought Plusnet in January 2007 - 12 years ago!

fly boy318/01/2019 13:35:38
3467 forum posts
18 photos

Hi Peter. the last line of your post says it all. We went for them partly due to thier positive to adverts. Lol. The positive side of this is that there seems to be good news re their reliability when up and running. Cheers

Peter Christy18/01/2019 13:36:35
1422 forum posts

Wow! Was it really that long ago? I know they let them operate as an entirely independent entity for a while, perhaps I'm confusing it with that!

Or maybe its just senile dementia....! surprise

--

Pete

fly boy318/01/2019 14:09:35
3467 forum posts
18 photos

Hi Peter, it worked !!!! Plus net have agreed to connect us up Mon. They would have done it on next day but they do not work w/e. Cheers

Peter Christy18/01/2019 16:03:50
1422 forum posts

Excellent! Glad you got it sorted!

--

Pete

Martin Harris18/01/2019 16:06:41
8534 forum posts
214 photos
Posted by Peter Christy on 18/01/2019 13:36:35:

Wow! Was it really that long ago? I know they let them operate as an entirely independent entity for a while, perhaps I'm confusing it with that!

Or maybe its just senile dementia....! surprise

--

Pete

As far as I'm aware, Plusnet has always been operated as a separate business - but no doubt there's been influence to conform to BT's visions and ideals at board level...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
electricwingman 2017
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
Slec
Wings & Wheels 2019
CML
Motion RC
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us