Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

club drone ban

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ian Jones09/01/2019 16:29:24
3220 forum posts
1397 photos

The fact that banning drones at club level (in clubs that would otherwise allow them), is being considered just goes to show how legislation is penalising the wrong people. Completely sympathise with those considering it and understand the reasons but it so wrong that such a situation should arise.

Former Member09/01/2019 16:45:14
724 forum posts

[This posting has been removed]

john stones 109/01/2019 17:05:38
11443 forum posts
1516 photos

Ban X Y or Z, never works in my head, I can see with some fields, due to size or locations it might be the way to go, otherwise it's people that can't work together, not what's being flown, a selfish flyer with a aeroplane causes just as much grief at the field, as one with an heli/mr/etc.

Despite popular myths, most of us have our faults/quirks, give over pigeon holing folks.

Former Member09/01/2019 17:24:24
724 forum posts

Nigel R09/01/2019 18:21:21
3730 forum posts
582 photos

john, nail, head

SONNY MONKS09/01/2019 19:04:17
269 forum posts

Model rc planes,as far as i am aware,are not usually used for the use of dropping off drugs in prison grounds,spying through peoples windows.BUT DRONES ARE,and may possibly be used for terrorism acts,and who knows what else,they are good for nature documentaries and other tv uses,thats my thoughts on the subject,Happy landings.planes that is!!

Former Member09/01/2019 19:26:02
724 forum posts

john stones 109/01/2019 19:29:18
11443 forum posts
1516 photos

Acts of terrorism and other illegal activities are not permitted at our club. wink

Government chose to accept us as reasonable law abiding people when they formed the new rules, we chose to follow their lead, and accept any flyer behaving within the laws. Happy landings all.

SONNY MONKS09/01/2019 19:42:58
269 forum posts

Text deleted, forum rules infringement. 

Poster messaged. 

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 09/01/2019 20:52:17

gangster09/01/2019 19:52:16
1008 forum posts
17 photos

Model rc planes,as far as i am aware,are not usually used for the use of dropping off drugs in prison grounds,spying through peoples windows.BUT DRONES ARE,and may possibly be used for terrorism acts,and who knows what else...…..

So I believe we need to carefully define what is meant by drone.. I assume most of us in this context are referring to cross shaped things with 4 or more rotors. The term drone has been in use long before they came on the scene.

Maybe we all fly drones after all.

We must be careful what we wish for.

I can see no reason at all why most of the aircraft that we fly couldn't be programmed to take off fly to a pre-programmed waypoint and then crash land carrying their payload of drugs or explosives etc. The "pilot could by a computer anywhere in the world. not some muppet standing freezing watching and controlling the model like I was yesterday

Sonny correctly used the words not usually, quite so, but the technology exists and there are those clever enough and evil enough to use it.

The concern of the above ramble of mine is that bearing this in mind the powers that be may consider this in creating legislation which will of course have the knock of effect to all branches of the hobby. For us to shun one legitimate branch of the hobby may have no effect at all.

Edited as I realise I attributed a quote to the wrong person  Apologies to those concerned

Edited By gangster on 09/01/2019 20:11:55

Former Member09/01/2019 19:54:11
724 forum posts

john stones 109/01/2019 19:55:29
11443 forum posts
1516 photos

You are the one going on Sonny, same knee jerk reactions you're worried about from others, you want to apply to others, capital letters don't make it more true, and asterixs ain't allowed, abide by the CoC. I get your point but disagree.

Mike Etheridge 109/01/2019 20:03:18
1543 forum posts
429 photos

I have not read all these comments but wonder what affect the sophisticated gear that has been suggested will be fitted at Heathrow and Gatwick airports to down drones will have on nearby RC clubs and model planes ?.I can think of one club that is very close to Gatwick airport.

David Ashby - Moderator09/01/2019 20:56:33
10987 forum posts
1706 photos
614 articles

Off topic posts deleted, forum language infringement deleted. Thread locked.

All Topics | Latest Posts

This thread is closed.

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
electricwingman 2017
Sussex Model Centre
CML
Slec
Advertise With Us
Sarik
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Has home isolation prompted you to start trad' building?
Q: The effects of Coronavirus

Yes - for the first time
 Yes - but Ive bashed balsa before
 No - Ive existing projects on the bench
 No - Im strictly an ARTF person

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E!