By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by CML

KLM PH - LKJ (Walker's Westway Models Limited)

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Jay Groom11/01/2019 21:11:27
4 forum posts

Hello all,

please move this post if in the wrong place. I'm a newbie so not 100% sure on how this all works!

I was doing a house clearance yesterday when in an elderly women's attic, we found this KLM PH-LKJ Model Airplane with the stand.

I have done a small amount of research and have found a similar model on the London Science Museum website! We think its old, 1950s early 1960s. Please pay attention to the sticker on the bottom of the plane: Walker's Westway Models Limited.

We think that this is cast, aircraft aluminium as its heavy and has no visible welding.

I was wondering on whether anyone knew any more about it and what its potential worth is?

Thanks!

Pictures are in this Google Drive folder as too big for site:

**LINK**

Stearman6511/01/2019 22:02:19
769 forum posts
893 photos
Posted by Jay Groom on 11/01/2019 21:11:27:

Hello all,

please move this post if in the wrong place. I'm a newbie so not 100% sure on how this all works!

I was doing a house clearance yesterday when in an elderly women's attic, we found this KLM PH-LKJ Model Airplane with the stand.

I have done a small amount of research and have found a similar model on the London Science Museum website! We think its old, 1950s early 1960s. Please pay attention to the sticker on the bottom of the plane: Walker's Westway Models Limited.

We think that this is cast, aircraft aluminium as its heavy and has no visible welding.

I was wondering on whether anyone knew any more about it and what its potential worth is?

Thanks!

Pictures are in this Google Drive folder as too big for site:

**LINK**

Looks like an airline display model, can't tell what size but the bigger it is relates to its value, May be of interest to a museum?

Jay Groom11/01/2019 22:19:22
4 forum posts

Thanks for your reply, The plane is around 2 feet long

Percy Verance11/01/2019 22:38:38
7908 forum posts
152 photos

A Lockheed Constellation display model. Probably quite a few produced for publicity and display purposes. KLM did operate a fleet of them.

At one time it probably adorned a check in counter. It will have value, but I wouldn't have a clue........

Another pic here...

constellation.jpg

Edited By Percy Verance on 11/01/2019 22:53:55

Max Z12/01/2019 10:06:00
496 forum posts
224 photos

Get in touch with the Aviodrome museum in the Netherlands (info@aviodrome.nl) and see if they are interested or have information. They have a full size Constellation on display.....

Max.

Jay Groom12/01/2019 10:32:15
4 forum posts
Posted by Max Z on 12/01/2019 10:06:00:

Get in touch with the Aviodrome museum in the Netherlands (info@aviodrome.nl) and see if they are interested or have information. They have a full size Constellation on display.....

Max.

Thanks Max! I have emailed them today.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find RCM&E! 

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Revoc
Motion RC
electricwingman 2017
Wings & Wheels 2019
Slec
Gliders Distribution
Pepe Aircraft
CML
Sarik
Advertise With Us
Latest "For Sale" Ads
Does your club have a safety officer?
Q: Does your club have a safety officer, or is the emphasis on individual members to each be their own safety officer?

Yes we have a SO
 No, it's down to everyone

Latest Reviews
Digital Back Issues

RCM&E Digital Back Issues

Contact us

Contact us