|Pete B - Moderator||11/01/2019 22:09:19|
7541 forum posts
Having locked off a thread this evening, we mods have discussed the issue of airing matters relating to Brexit on the forum until the outcome is known. Our decision is to ask members to not raise discussions on the matter, please.
There are several reasons for this;
1) As Chris Bott mentioned in the locked thread, start by reading the paragraph relating to 'Engaging in or encouraging debate on political and/or religious matters' in the C of C.
2) The only fact that is certain at present is that everything is uncertain until the politicians get their act together and sort it out, so speculation on any issues or consequences is purely speculative.
3) Our experience tells us that, regardless of best intentions, such threads will almost inevitably become partisan.
4) Given the wall-to-wall coverage in the media at present, we feel that we can provide a Brexit-free zone for those, and I would suggest that will include many of us, who would welcome some place of refuge from the subject.
5) There are many other forms of social media where you can express your views to others who want to read them.
We don't put up blanket bans lightly but, given the strong views and opinions on both sides across the population, and in wishing to keep contributions to the forum harmonious and friendly, we feel that this is the simplest and best option for the time being.
Your cooperation is appreciated.
This thread is closed.
Want the latest issue of RCM&E? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!